Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother has B1/B2 Visa and it expires in October 2018

Good Evening / Good Morning,

My brother has been to USA during Dec 2008 - Jan 2009 for one month on business Visa. He got his B1/B2 Visa for 10 Years.

Now he wants to visit USA this year sometime in July time frame as a tourist. I believe the existing visa allows him to enter USA as a tourist. Please correct me if I am wrong.

At the Port of entry what kind of documents he needs to provide to clear his immigration into USA?

My Brother's Info:

He is married.

He is a Safety Engineer in a MNC.

He has been to Singapore on a business visit.

He has up to 15 lakhs in his account.

His is 32 years old

My Information:

I am a green card Holder.

I have a stable job in USA for last 7 years.

I bought a house in Mid West.

I am married too.

Now, The following questions comes to my head and I can't find answer to them Hence I am asking you guys for help in this case.

1) I will provide my brother everything from my address proof to financial documents, Do I need to provide him anything else?
    2) What other documents he needs to provide at port of entry except for his offer letter, Indian Address, Marriage certificate, Financial documents and Return ticket to clear his immigration?
    3) Will he be stopped and sent back home because last time he visited USA was on business purpose not on Tourist Visa?
    4) He will be visiting alone.

Please let me know if I am missing some details for you to answer.

Regards,

VenkEDM

I hope somebody has gone through this before. If yes, can you please respond to my question.

Comment

He has a B1/B2 visa. He would enter this time the same way he did last time. He is not going to another interview. He doesn't need all of those documents.

Here is a little info: http://www.immihelp.com/trip-cancell...ed-states.html
      Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Originally posted by VENKEDM View Post
        Good Evening / Good Morning,

My brother has been to USA during Dec 2008 - Jan 2009 for one month on business Visa. He got his B1/B2 Visa for 10 Years.

Now he wants to visit USA this year sometime in July time frame as a tourist. I believe the existing visa allows him to enter USA as a tourist. Please correct me if I am wrong.

At the Port of entry what kind of documents he needs to provide to clear his immigration into USA?

My Brother's Info:

He is married.

He is a Safety Engineer in a MNC.

He has been to Singapore on a business visit.

He has up to 15 lakhs in his account.

His is 32 years old

My Information:

I am a green card Holder.

I have a stable job in USA for last 7 years.

I bought a house in Mid West.

I am married too.

Now, The following questions comes to my head and I can't find answer to them Hence I am asking you guys for help in this case.

1) I will provide my brother everything from my address proof to financial documents, Do I need to provide him anything else?
        2) What other documents he needs to provide at port of entry except for his offer letter, Indian Address, Marriage certificate, Financial documents and Return ticket to clear his immigration?
        3) Will he be stopped and sent back home because last time he visited USA was on business purpose not on Tourist Visa?
        4) He will be visiting alone.

Please let me know if I am missing some details for you to answer.

Regards,

VenkEDM
        Your brother has a 10 year visa. He can come to the U.S. anytime he wants within the 10 year period. You would not provide anything. He doesn't need someone here inviting him, sponsoring him, none of those things. He doesn't have to visit family that lives here (even though of course he can), and he would not be stopped and sent back home because he visited previously for business. The B1/B2 is for visiting and tourism.

He will just come here, state the reason for his visit at the POE, for example, he wants to visit family and tour the U.S. and how long he would like to stay.... 2 months, 4 months, 6 months. That's it. He shouldn't have any problems at all.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

My brother has B1/B2 Visa and it expires in October 2018

I am on B1/B2 and I visit my family for 6 months.Only question asked is why you are visiting,how long will you stay,have you purchased return ticket also.Reply with truth and you are through

Comment

Can I travel as Tourist with B1/B2 visa?

My organization applied B1 visa for me and its stamped as R B1/B2.

I have traveled to US 3 times for Business purpose. Now I am not employed and would like to visit my friends as Tourist.

Can I use the R B1/B2 visa for my travel as Tourist or should I apply a separate B2 visa ?

Or Should I apply I-539 to get B2 Visa?

Please advice!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X