Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1 Visa Not Approved - 214B (Help Required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Not Approved - 214B (Help Required)

Hi,

I visited US consulate in Mumbai last week and my B1 visa was not approved. The VO handed over Section 214B form to me. Below is the conversation we had -

The guy before me got his Visa approved (I'm not sure what kind of Visa had he applied for.) After that guy left, I waited until VO signalled me to come forward.

VO: Good Morning!
    Me: Good Morning.

VO: Passport Please.
    I handed over the passport.

VO: Have you traveled outside of India before?
    Me: No

VO: How long have you been working with your current company?
    Me: Since August 2015.

VO: What are you going to do in US.
    Me: We will have internal team meetings and trainings.

VO: Why can't the training be done over the video?
    Me: There will be people coming in from different parts of the world for the training so it can only be done in the US.

VO: I'm sorry your Visa cannot be approved this time.
    She handed over the passport along with a Section 214b form.

I'd like to know what went wrong and what are the chances if I re-apply again within a couple of weeks. I was not asked regarding my ties to the home country and have a strong feeling that I'll be able to convince them if this question comes up if I re-apply again.

Just seeking suggestions from experienced folks, not seeking any legal advice here as I understand that Visa approval is totally at the discretion of the Visa Officer.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I'm into IT with around 6.5 years of experience and am working with my current company since August 2015

Originally posted by VisaQueue View Post
    Hi,

I visited US consulate in Mumbai last week and my B1 visa was not approved. The VO handed over Section 214B form to me. Below is the conversation we had -

The guy before me got his Visa approved (I'm not sure what kind of Visa had he applied for.) After that guy left, I waited until VO signalled me to come forward.

Me: There will be people coming in from different parts of the world for the training so it can only be done in the US.

I'd like to know what went wrong and what are the chances if I re-apply again within a couple of weeks. I was not asked regarding my ties to the home country and have a strong feeling that I'll be able to convince them if this question comes up if I re-apply again.

Just seeking suggestions from experienced folks, not seeking any legal advice here as I understand that Visa approval is totally at the discretion of the Visa Officer.

Comment

Hi,

Do you have an invitation letter from your company? You should be able to show this letter explaining the reason for your visit. Also explain that the training cannot be delivered virtually at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by sasvi View Post
        Do you have an invitation letter from your company? You should be able to show this letter explaining the reason for your visit. Also explain that the training cannot be delivered virtually at this time.
        Yes, I do have the invitation letter from my Parent company in US since it's going to be an internal training. However, I was never asked for it.

I wanted to know what are my chances if I re-apply again within this month.

Comment

Please Help

Yes, I do have the invitation letter from my Parent company in US since it's going to be an internal training. However, I was never asked for it.

I wanted to know what are my chances if I re-apply again within this month.

Need help on below, please suggest!

Comment

Training is not an appropriate purpose of a B visa

Nevertheless, a 214b denial indicates you were not able to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent

That is, you were not able to show strong enough ties to your home abroad, or convince them you weren't intending to perform lucrative work

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X