B1 visa denied - July 10 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa denied - July 10 2017

Hi, I had applied for b1 visa for a stay of 85 days for business meetings and trainings. But my visa hot denied. Please advise. My interview was as below-
    VO- what is the purpose of your travel?
    Me- to attend business meetings and technical training.
    VO- how long will you stay?
    Me- 85 days.. gave the dates as well.
    VO- any documents from company?
    Me- showed him the invite letter, covering letter and BEP form.
    VO- what kind of training?
    Me- i explained.
    VO- unfortunately cannot approve your b1 visa.

I asked him why, he said my reasons do not satisfy the b1 visa requirements. He said to ask my company to give some other reason. Please advise what could have gone wrong here.

85 days?

Training is not a proper reason to issue a B-1 visa

Comment

B1 visa for 65 days

Hi, my company wants me to apply for B1 visa for a stay of 65 days. The reason being I have to train Chicago team as a process is repatriating to Chicago and I will also have to back up a senior consultant who is on maternity leave. Is it possible to get a B1 visa.. Please advise. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by PMIPM View Post
        Hi, my company wants me to apply for B1 visa for a stay of 65 days. The reason being I have to train Chicago team as a process is repatriating to Chicago and I will also have to back up a senior consultant who is on maternity leave. Is it possible to get a B1 visa.. Please advise. Much appreciated.
        B1 visa is only for 28 days maximum.
        No matter what the reason is, if you say your trip lasts more than 28 days...your visa will be declined.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the response. But I have to be in Chicago for at least 2 months for business requirement. What could be an alternate way in that case.

Comment

Can anyone please advise if I can stay in US on a L1B visa for less than 90 days. Or what is the minimum duration of stay for L1B visa. Please help.

Comment

B1 visa rejected thrice

My company made me reapply after a month for a b1 visa for the 3rd time for a stay of 6 weeks and not surprisingly, it got denied with a reason that my circumstances have not changed. Earlier I had applied for 85 days. Now my employer is planning to apply for a L1B visa. Can anyone please advise on the possibilities of getting it approved.

Comment

L visas don't require applicants to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent. In addition, you are allowed to work on an L visa, unlike on a B visa. Your employer's US affiliate may face other (L-1B related) obstacles in getting you an L-1B visa, but it won't be the same obstacles that have prevented you from obtaining a B visa

Comment

Thank you so much for the response. Will my three b1 rejections cause any problem in obtaining the L1B visa.

Comment

Visa rejections are without prejudice, except in the cases where people commit fraud when applying for a visa

In your case, your history of B visa rejections will not have an effect on your L visa application. Your L visa application will be evaluated on its own merits

Comment

Thank you so much for the information.

Comment

Hi,

Can someone please help me. This is regarding B1 visa application. I had applied 2 years back for a duration of 85 days for 2 times and for 6 weeks in the 3rd attempt. Travel reason was for some training and client meetings. All the 3 attempts were made in a span of 1.5 - 2 months. I got rejected every time. This year I am again going to apply but for lesser duration. What are my chances, will the previous 3 rejections affect this time?

Comment

Its not only the duration which decides your visa. Definitely 85 days is too long for a B1 visa.

Check if you meet other criteria as well.

If there is no change in the circumstances, then the result won't change either.
                          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you very much for your inputs. But what should be the ideal answer for the rejection reasons, I honestly do not have any idea about the reasons for the last rejections. Also, my role has now changed to people manager from a consultant, hence my meetings will be compeised od process optimisations discussions and no projects or any kind of work at all. Will that help and how should I put that across.. regarding the change in circumstances

Comment

If you really do not know the reason, then share the same thing during interview & in DS160.
                              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X