Reapplying for B1/B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying for B1/B2 visa

I applied for a B1/B2 visa in February this year, but was denied a full visa however granted a restricted 12 month B1/B2 non working visa which expires February next year.

I'm back in Australia now and wish to return to the US mid to end October to extend my travels and visit the remaining states as well as the Caribbean and Central America. While I'm home I want to reapply for the B1/B2 visa before I leave so I don't have to return home in a couple months and endure the same process.

I have a few questions about beginning the application, it would be great if I could get a response.

- is it frowned upon to reapply 5 months in advance of the expiry date on my current visa? Could the consulate officer just knock me back in the interview when he sees there is still 5 months of validity left and say come back towards the end of your visa?

- can I use the same information (USA contact) on the DS160 form as the previous application in February? Or is it advised to have different contact info?

- Because I've already visited the states for just over 5 months (24 feb - 2 aug); could that impact the outcome of my application considering I wish to extend my travels within the US?

I really look forward to your response
    Josh

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X