Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-539 question

hi:

my i-94 expires on 20May, but i was just informed last week of april that i need to attend a training on the 22May till 03June. i applied for i-539 last 4May using USPS Express (overnight) Mail to the laguna niguel uscis office. USPS sent me a proof of delivery notification that a certain Jon R Arnett received my application last 5May.

it's been 5 business days and i havent received any acknowledgment letter from the uscis.

should i wait for my acknowledgment letter? or should i leave on the 20th?

a friend of mine received his acknowledgment letter 3-4 days after the application to the same office.

Thanks!

Best is to leave US and re-enter with a fresh Visa or fresh I 94 if you have a multiple entry visa. Do not stay in US beyond any period mentioned on your I 94, even if your I 539 is pending. You will be out of status and 'all future US stampings will become tough.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

as I know, U'll b Leagal untill U recieve reply for I-539 (either extend/reject).

its jus as per the information given in IMMIHELP.com - no experience.

--correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

If you have a pending application you remain in status until a decision is reached. Its always useful howeve rto keep copies of what you send as well as the deciison just in case later on you need proof of why you remained beyond the date on the I-94

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X