Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Interview Today - Need urgent help

Hi All,

I am appearing for my B1 visa interview today and needed guidance on my prepared answer below. Mine is somewhat strange case as I am visiting US to attend last round of interview with my potential employer.

At present I work for a company ABC in Toronto. Another company XYZ is recruiting for a position in their Toronto office. So, I had 3 rounds of Video Conf Interview from New York Office. In the 4th (and the last round), the company wants me to visit their NY office. It is company sponsored trip and I have tickets and hotel booking also done. Can you suggest if below answers are good:

VO: Please give me your passport
    Me: Good Morning. Here they are!

VO: What's the purpose of the trip?
    Me: I am vising NY office of XYZ company on April 5th & 6th to appear for the last round interview for a position they are hiring in their Toronto office

VO: Is it just for interview? Why can't they do it on Video Conference?
    Me: Yes definitely. They already interviewed me thrice over video conference but as the last round is a case based interview where they gather candidates from across locations in their NY office, divide them in groups and give a case study to solve, face-to-face interview is the most effective way. Would you please like to have a look at the Invitation Letter?

VO: Who is paying for the trip?
    Me: Its a company sponsored trip including airfare, hotel stay and visa cost

VO: Have you booked tickets?
    Me: Yes, company has already booked tickets and hotel accommodation

VO: What do you do here in Canada?
    Me: I have a full-time, permanent job as an Associate Manager with company ABC. Would you please like you have a look at my Business Card?

VO: Will you come back after interview? What is they ask you to start working from US Office?
    Me: The position is being hired for Toronto office as company is expanding business in Toronto. Not only that, as my wife who also works full-time with a Canadian bank and other close relatives like my sister and brother-in-law are based in Toronto, I will request company to let me work out of Toronto location so that I can be with my family members

VO: How long have you been in Canada?
    Me: For more than a year, 13 months to be precise

VO: Are you a Permanent Resident?
    Me: Yes

I am doubtful about if I should say that I am going to US for an interview. Can someone please suggest if that would be right way of telling purpose of my trip?

Many thanks!

For the help of future applicants in similar situation.. here is my experience.

Questions:

VO: Passport please
    Me: Here they are

VO: Since how long have you been in Canada?
    Me: XX Months

VO: Do you work with YYYY (my employer's name - my guess is, he read it from DS-160)
    Me: Yes, as a YYYY (designation)

VO: Who is your client?
    Me: ZZZ. It is an Energy company in Canada (VO nodded to express that he knew about that company)

VO: What's the purpose of your visit to US?
    Me: To get interviewed for the last round for a position company YYYY is hiring in their Canada office

At this point, he stopped typing on computer and gave a puzzled look. So, I immediately reinforced that the position is in Toronto office and I am already through 3 rounds here in Toronto office. As the last round company wants me to visit head office. VO just nodded and resumed typing

VO: Are you going to work in US?
    Me: No work. I am in US only for two days to appear for an interview.

VO: We are approving your visa. We will send your passport to ZZZ.

Hope this helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X