No announcement yet.

B1/B2 visa, 221(g) yellow slip 'Administrative Processing', Passport returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 visa, 221(g) yellow slip 'Administrative Processing', Passport returned

I have applied for B1/B2 visitor visa to attend a scientific conference. I am an Indian citizen.

Interview was on 28th March 2018 at Frankfurt consulate.

VO: How long are you living in Germany?
    Me: 3 years 2 months

VO: What is your purpose of visit to US?
    Me: To attend a scientific conference.

VO: Have you been to USA before?
    Me: NO

VO: When are you travelling?
    Me: XY dates.

VO: What is your Occupation?
    Me: PhD student

VO: What is your subject?
    Me: Biochemistry.

VO: Your application needs 'Administrative Processing', It will take 3-4 weeks to process. Do you have your Resume and Invitation Letter with you?
    Me: Yes, handed both documents.

VO: Returned my Passport and issued 221(g) refusal yellow slip mentioning application is under AP and NO documents required.
    Me: Thank you. Bye.

CEAC status:

Case created: 27 March 2018
    First update: 28 March 2018 ('Administrative Processing') shortly after interview.
    Case last updated: 03 April 2018

What are chances of getting approved? anybody with similar experience?
    Last edited by manchalus; 04-04-2018, 12:05 PM.

Do not worry, chances are still good.

Because of your subject (BioChemistry) they want to do some background verification on your profile.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi, Is there any update on your visa status? I'm in a similar situation. PhD student, invited for a conference. Had my interview today at Amsterdam. Interview went well. CO said administrative processing required, did not mention how long it'd take. Got the yellow slip, 221(g) - collected the conference invitation and my cv. Conference is in 7 weeks. Do I stand a chance of making it? Any reply from people who went through a similar situation would be deeply appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Eindhoven View Post
        Hi, Is there any update on your visa status? I'm in a similar situation. PhD student, invited for a conference. Had my interview today at Amsterdam. Interview went well. CO said administrative processing required, did not mention how long it'd take. Got the yellow slip, 221(g) - collected the conference invitation and my cv. Conference is in 7 weeks. Do I stand a chance of making it? Any reply from people who went through a similar situation would be deeply appreciated!
        Hello Max,

No updates(last updated: 3 April) yet , and is still in AP. Are you a Dutch citizen? and Are you going to UC, Berkeley?

Comment

Originally posted by manchalus View Post
          Hello Max,

No updates(last updated: 3 April) yet , and is still in AP. Are you a Dutch citizen? and Are you going to UC, Berkeley?
          Thanks for the update! No, I'm an Indian citizen as well. Dutch, and most European citizens do not need a visa - they have ESTA instead. I'm heading to MIT, Cambridge. Kindly let me know if there is any update. My status is still AP as well, the date hasn't even been updated.

Comment

Hello Max,

@Manchalus - Any updates yet? My application is still on AP, case last updated on 17th April.

One of my colleagues shared his experience (from about a year ago) with me. He received a yellow slip and was asked to mail them his CV and list of publications after his interview. They also didn't collect his passport. After not hearing from them for about 4 weeks (when the status was still AP), he emailed them enquiring if there is any update. And fortunately for him, they updated the status on the same day and asked him to send the passport. Now it could be a mere coincidence that they changed the status on the same day, but he tells me that it would have went on in AP for much longer had he not enquired about it. So maybe its not a bad idea to write to them after about 4 weeks...

Good luck to both of us

Comment

@Manchalus - Any updates yet? My application is still on AP, case last updated on 17th April.

One of my colleagues shared his experience (from about a year ago) with me. He received a yellow slip and was asked to mail them his CV and list of publications after his interview. They also didn't collect his passport. After not hearing from them for about 4 weeks (when the status was still AP), he emailed them enquiring if there is any update. And fortunately for him, they updated the status on the same day and asked him to send the passport. Now it could be a mere coincidence that they changed the status on the same day, but he tells me that it would have went on in AP for much longer had he not enquired about it. So maybe its not a bad idea to write to them after about 4 weeks...

Good luck to both of us
              HI Max,

Just 5 mins ago I have emailed the Frankfurt consulate and UStraveldocs and I checked your comment. What a coincidence !!
              I had same feeling that sending enquiry mail my escalate the procedure. I will update you once I have information.

About your AP, does it updated second time after your interview or it is first time update? For me only one update two days after interview.
              Thanks.

Comment

HI Max,

Just 5 mins ago I have emailed the Frankfurt consulate and UStraveldocs and I checked your comment. What a coincidence !!
                I had same feeling that sending enquiry mail my escalate the procedure. I will update you once I have information.

About your AP, does it updated second time after your interview or it is first time update? For me only one update two days after interview.
                Thanks.
                Haha Hope that you get it soon!

My AP status time changed exactly one week after my interview. So I thought they probably update it every week or so. But that hasn't changed afterwards, so its also likely to be random. I'll wait till 4 weeks since interview and then try to contact them.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

My AP status time changed exactly one week after my interview. So I thought they probably update it every week or so. But that hasn't changed afterwards, so its also likely to be random. I'll wait till 4 weeks since interview and then try to contact them.

Fingers crossed!
                  You are right.. 😁
                  I did not receive reply from them but, my case got updated today 15 mins ago. Hope they ask for passport soon.
                  Fingers crossed!

Good luck both of us😁

Comment

Differ status on CEAC website with case number and application number

I applied for J1 visa. I had an interview on 9th April 2018 at New Delhi. Embassy consulate gave me a white slip (221g). I submitted all the required documents on 10th April. Now, if i checked my status on CEAS website with Case Number which was given to me by the consulate, I found my visa has been issued from 17th April.

But when i checked its status with DS160 application number, its still under administrative processing.
                    And the status of my passport with passport number, it has been changed from "Your passport is still with US embassy consulate" to "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted".
                    Can you please share your experiences?

Comment

"Differ status" on CEAC website with "case number" and "application number"

I applied for J1 visa. I had an interview on 9th April 2018 at New Delhi. Embassy consulate gave me a white slip (221g). I submitted all the required documents on 10th April. Now, if i checked my status on CEAS website with Case Number which was given to me by the consulate, I found my visa has been issued from 17th April.

But when i checked its status with DS160 application number, its still under administrative processing.
                      And the status of my passport with passport number, it has been changed from "Your passport is still with US embassy consulate" to "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted".

Comment

Differ status on CEAC website with case number and application number

Fingers crossed!

Comment

You are right.. 😁
                          I did not receive reply from them but, my case got updated today 15 mins ago. Hope they ask for passport soon.
                          Fingers crossed!

Good luck both of us😁
                          Wow! It's likely that they saw the email and then decided to update it. Is the update still "AP" or something else?

Comment

Wow! It's likely that they saw the email and then decided to update it. Is the update still "AP" or something else?
                            Hello Max,

I have received email from consulate to submit passport for final processing around 15:00 hrs . But status is still in AP. I will submit passport today or tomorrow. Finally little relief.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by param016 View Post

Sorry but I don't have such experience. you can follow my case details here

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X