Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a B1 visa be used for my wife to come visit me in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a B1 visa be used for my wife to come visit me in USA?

We don't have the proper visa nor have we filled out the paperwork yet to bring her over for good.

She currently has a 10-year B1 visa that expires in 2019 and we wanted to have 1 final visit in December before expiry.

Will ICE be weary of letting her into the country since she might overstay her nearly-expired visa?

Originally posted by jowels View Post

We don't have the proper visa nor have we filled out the paperwork yet to bring her over for good.

She currently has a 10-year B1 visa that expires in 2019 and we wanted to have 1 final visit in December before expiry.

Will ICE be weary of letting her into the country since she might overstay her nearly-expired visa?
    B1 is for business visits. For personal visits she needs B2.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I should have included this info. She re-checked and indeed she has B1 and B2. So does the fact she is now my wife change anything?

She has successfully visited me 3 times in the last 5 years and we got married on the 3rd time.

Comment

Originally posted by jowels View Post
        I should have included this info. She re-checked and indeed she has B1 and B2. So does the fact she is now my wife change anything?

She has successfully visited me 3 times in the last 5 years and we got married on the 3rd time.
        There could be a greater chance of her being denied entry if they learn that she is married to a US citizen who is living in the US. She must honestly disclose any information when asked.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X