Visa renewal: guidance needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa renewal: guidance needed

Hi. I had US visa in B1/B2 category which expired 2 months ago. Now I wish to renew the visa in same category. My earlier application was for business purpose and I had received approval for B1/B2. For the purpose of renewal, can I apply for tourism since there is no business visit planned as of now? Will it be treated as same visa category? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by rucharege View Post
    Hi. I had US visa in B1/B2 category which expired 2 months ago. Now I wish to renew the visa in same category. My earlier application was for business purpose and I had received approval for B1/B2. For the purpose of renewal, can I apply for tourism since there is no business visit planned as of now? Will it be treated as same visa category? Thanks in advance.
    I believe earlier you applied for business visa (B1) only, but was given B1/B2 both.

Did you happen to visit USA on your earlier visa for purely tourism purpose? If yes, feel free to apply for B2 only.

If not, I would suggest to have your organization give you supporting documents to renew your B1 - it will have better chances.

In either case, go for drop box first.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X