Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Urgent] Should I apply for B1 Visa before I join the new employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Urgent] Should I apply for B1 Visa before I join the new employer?

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and have to travel to USA immediately after joining new employer for training.
    I am currently serving notice period with my present employer and would be joining the new employer next month.
    My new employer is ready to issue invitation letter and has asked me to apply for B1 VISA.

1) This means my visa interview date will be before my joining date on the offer letter. Will this create any problem in getting the visa approved?
    2) I will not have any pay slips from the new employer to show the visa officer.Let me know if this can be an issue as well. How can I address this issue?
    3) Given the above circumstances, who should I list as my current employer on the DS-160 form? I have not left my previous employer and have not joined my new employer yet.
    4) Before officially starting with new employer can I claim my relationship with my USA host in DS 160 form ?

Should I apply or wait to initiate the process after joining the new company ?
    Looking forward to guidance on this.

Originally posted by aman1 View Post
    1) This means my visa interview date will be before my joining date on the offer letter. Will this create any problem in getting the visa approved?
    Depends on your Luck. If the VO notices that in your form or ask question related to that.
    2) I will not have any pay slips from the new employer to show the visa officer.Let me know if this can be an issue as well. How can I address this issue?
    Tell the truth.
    3) Given the above circumstances, who should I list as my current employer on the DS-160 form? I have not left my previous employer and have not joined my new employer yet.
    It should be your current employer only (not the future employer).
    4) Before officially starting with new employer can I claim my relationship with my USA host in DS 160 form ?
    No, since the relation does not exist in reality.
    Should I apply or wait to initiate the process after joining the new company ?
    My suggestion would be to wait. Join the company & then apply for the visa.

VO generally asks this question that how long you have been working for this company & I am sure you don't want to say that I'll join if I get the visa .
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

get an offer letter from your future company.
      get invitation letter from US host stating your joining date and necessity to travel before joining the company.
      i prefer not to say "training" but you can use for business purpose. if asked in depth just reason the nature of your job which supports your company biz growth.
      carry your existing pay slips or bank statement.
      carry letter from your future company - who supports for your travel and all expenses.

if you have good relationship with your existing company then get an NOC from them.

over all, be genuine in your status and dont seek any short cuts.

Comment

This was exactly my situation when I applied for the B1 last month.
        Initially he thought that I am currently working in the new company and till then things were going smooth.
        As soon as he asked me, since how long I am with the employer and I mentioned that I am yet to join them.. he started typing something in the system and then rejected the application...

Comment

Originally posted by Ashish.sicsr View Post
          Initially he thought that I am currently working in the new company and till then things were going smooth.
          As soon as he asked me, since how long I am with the employer and I mentioned that I am yet to join them.. he started typing something in the system and then rejected the application...
          Thanks for Sharing Ashish !
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashish.sicsr View Post
            is that the only reason for rejection ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X