Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Valid L1A till March 2020, Can I apply for B1 visa now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Valid L1A till March 2020, Can I apply for B1 visa now?

Hi All,

I was working for one of the IT MNC from Oct 2013 to Nov 2015. During my employment period, my employer process my L1A - Individual visa in the month of March 2015. I got L1A stamped for 5 year (Valid till March 2020). Then I traveled on L1A visa only for one week in the month of Aug 2015. I resigned & left the employer in the month of Nov 2015.

I joined some other employer in India in the month of Nov 2015 & worked till Sep 2018. Now recently again, I change my employer in India. Now my new employer requested my to travel to US on B1 visa for 10 days.

I have few questions can someone please help me with the answer.

1. I have no idea if my old employer cancelled my L1A or not. If anyone know, please let me know where can check my L1A validity.
    2. If it's valid, Can I travel on L1A visa which processed by my old employer? If yes do I need to intimate US immigration team?
    3. If I cant travel on L1A visa which processed by my old employer then do I need to cancel L1A to apply for fresh B1 visa?
    4. Do I need to go for Interview again to get B1?
    5. It will be great if someone can guide me on this in detailed.

Thanks!
    Mahesh Kharpude

Originally posted by Kharpude_mahesh View Post
    1. I have no idea if my old employer cancelled my L1A or not. If anyone know, please let me know where can check my L1A validity.
    You cannot check that.

2. If it's valid, Can I travel on L1A visa which processed by my old employer? If yes do I need to intimate US immigration team?
    No, since you are no longer an employee of the sponsored company - you cannot use that visa anymore.

3. If I cant travel on L1A visa which processed by my old employer then do I need to cancel L1A to apply for fresh B1 visa?
    L1 are tied to an organization, but B1 are not. So you can use your existing B1 or apply for a new one. When you'll for visa interview, if they approve your B1, they will cancel your L1 immediately.

4. Do I need to go for Interview again to get B1?
    Yes, if you don't have B1 already - you'll need to appear for interview.

5. It will be great if someone can guide me on this in detailed.
    Done.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X