Urgent Help needed - B1 visa refused twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help needed - B1 visa refused twice

Hi guys, I am feeling helpless after being refused B1 visa twice at Hyderabad, India in a span of 2 weeks. I need to travel to my US office for 5 weeks for training and business meetings. I am invited by my company. Both the times the interview went well but got denied at the end without being given any specific reason (even after asking for it); only was handed 214(b). The second time, I was questioned twice on why I would want to stay there for 5 weeks. Although, I explained the situation and the need for staying there for 5 weeks, the consular wasn't very convinced and I felt that could be the reason for refusal. I also mentioned that I take care of my mother here in India who is otherwise alone (not sure how much impact it had). Also, every individual, I was watching that day were getting refused (5-6 of those); only the couples were getting approved. Few questions here
    1. Is 5 weeks really a problem? Should I apply again and try to reduce the duration to two weeks? I can talk to my company to change the travel plan accordingly.
    2. What else I could show as strong ties to India? When and how to bring this during the interview?
    3. Should I try at a new city for the interview this time?

PS:- I am not married. I have not been outside India before. My salary is Rs 15LPA+.

Originally posted by rahul133 View Post
    Hi guys, I am feeling helpless after being refused B1 visa twice at Hyderabad, India in a span of 2 weeks. I need to travel to my US office for 5 weeks for training and business meetings. I am invited by my company. Both the times the interview went well but got denied at the end without being given any specific reason (even after asking for it); only was handed 214(b). The second time, I was questioned twice on why I would want to stay there for 5 weeks. Although, I explained the situation and the need for staying there for 5 weeks, the consular wasn't very convinced and I felt that could be the reason for refusal. I also mentioned that I take care of my mother here in India who is otherwise alone (not sure how much impact it had). Also, every individual, I was watching that day were getting refused (5-6 of those); only the couples were getting approved.
    There are several factors considered while the visa is issued to an individual. You need to examine your whole profile to really know what went wrong.

1. Is 5 weeks really a problem? Should I apply again and try to reduce the duration to two weeks? I can talk to my company to change the travel plan accordingly.
    If you have a proper agenda & your designation/job responsibilities matches to that - 5 weeks won't have any problem.

2. What else I could show as strong ties to India? When and how to bring this during the interview?
    You really cannot do anything, they do have some way for verifying your & your company's profile. If there is something wrong with it, or if they think you are lying - your visa will be denied.

Ensure your ******** & linkedin profiles are easily accessible to them.

Different city won't impact the outcome - USA embassy doesn't have different rule for different centers.

PS:- I am not married. I have not been outside India before. My salary is Rs 15LPA+.
    That might be one reason - a good salary & still single makes you "Most Eligible Potential Immigrant".
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

interview experience

Hi guys, I am feeling helpless after being refused B1 visa twice at Hyderabad, India in a span of 2 weeks. I need to travel to my US office for 5 weeks for training and business meetings. I am invited by my company. Both the times the interview went well but got denied at the end without being given any specific reason (even after asking for it); only was handed 214(b). The second time, I was questioned twice on why I would want to stay there for 5 weeks. Although, I explained the situation and the need for staying there for 5 weeks, the consular wasn't very convinced and I felt that could be the reason for refusal. I also mentioned that I take care of my mother here in India who is otherwise alone (not sure how much impact it had). Also, every individual, I was watching that day were getting refused (5-6 of those); only the couples were getting approved. Few questions here

Never ever apply B1 visa for more than 14 days of duration, after approval you can extend the duration.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X