Doubt regarding duration of stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt regarding duration of stay

I have a doubt regarding the duration of stay. Lets say I have applied and received B1/B2 visa . But during the Ds 160 form filling my intended stay was for 4-5 days and that is the information i have said in my interview as well.

But now if i visited US and had stayed for 1 more extra week due to sudden change of plans just before arrival, Would that cause any issues ? I read as long as my i94 information is correct it shouldnt be a problem. (Assuming the extra 1 week stay is under visa validity)

and can i know more about what is i94 and when is it required to fill that ? Is it at the time of landing ?

Thanks

Originally posted by adobeguy View Post
    I have a doubt regarding the duration of stay. Lets say I have applied and received B1/B2 visa . But during the Ds 160 form filling my intended stay was for 4-5 days and that is the information i have said in my interview as well.

But now if i visited US and had stayed for 1 more extra week due to sudden change of plans just before arrival, Would that cause any issues ? I read as long as my i94 information is correct it shouldnt be a problem. (Assuming the extra 1 week stay is under visa validity)

and can i know more about what is i94 and when is it required to fill that ? Is it at the time of landing ?

Thanks
    Yes, as long as you are not violating any law - you can extend your stay.

Your last day in USA is defined by Form # I94 (aka arrival & departure record) . Which is generated each time you land in USA & admitted without any issues.

You can check your dates online at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra.

I have went through the I94 site. It looks like it will be available once i land in US and I need to leave US by the time which is mentioned in admitted until field.

Can i know on what basis will the port of entry officer will fill the admitted until field , Will it be 6months every time or depends on the questions I answer. So I can say I am visiting Us for 2 weeks and he will allot admitted until date accordingly ?

Thanks

Comment

I have went through the I94 site. It looks like it will be available once i land in US and I need to leave US by the time which is mentioned in admitted until field.
        Thats correct.

Can i know on what basis will the port of entry officer will fill the admitted until field , Will it be 6months every time or depends on the questions I answer. So I can say I am visiting Us for 2 weeks and he will allot admitted until date accordingly ?
        Its all on discretion of the POE officer. If he feels that your visit is legitimate & you'll not be an issue for the country - you'll get 6 months stay.

But if you stay in USA for whole 6 months - you'll be questioned in your following visit.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X