denial at the port of entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denial at the port of entry

my colleague worker and i were invited to a conference in US this year, we went for the visa interview and were given 5years multiple entry for B1B2 visa. due to some circumstances, we couldn't attend the conference. my friend decided to go to the US with his visa last month and was denied entry and has also be banned from entering the US for 5 years. why do you think this happened and will i also be treated like him if i decide to go to US with my visa. though we did not attend the conference, the visa has not expired yet. thank you

Originally posted by tmayne View Post
    my colleague worker and i were invited to a conference in US this year, we went for the visa interview and were given 5years multiple entry for B1B2 visa. due to some circumstances, we couldn't attend the conference. my friend decided to go to the US with his visa last month and was denied entry and has also be banned from entering the US for 5 years. why do you think this happened and will i also be treated like him if i decide to go to US with my visa. though we did not attend the conference, the visa has not expired yet. thank you
    Its obvious - your friend applied for visa to attend a conference, which he never attended. Then he travelling for tourism & seems like without much documentations - which means he somehow managed to get the visa & then misusing it.

For you - it depends, if you can give proper answers to questions of CBP officer at POE, you should not have any problem.

Though the visa is valid - but the primary purpose of that visa was not achieved, hence you too can be deported/banned.

Duplicate : https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...val-in-2-weeks
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X