Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 or B2 - Please Suggest

Hello Folks,

I was in confusion state whether to go for B1 or B2 visa stamping as I have two options on hand. I am working in IT Firm they planning to apply for B1 visa kind of trail basis on me where this is the first company filling for B1 to any employee. B1 proposal is got on January 2017 and submitted DS FORM 160 on same month but till date didn't paid fees as company wants to me hold till date.

At same time my close friend who is in USA sent me invitation letter to visit in December time for Christmas vacation. He is on H1 visa.

My question is, If I go to B2 visa will embassy officer will track my previous submitted DS FORM 160 and questioned me on that. If in case my B2 not went well, Can I apply for B1 with in a weeks. Which one is good option to go first for interview. Please suggest.

Originally posted by naniraj View Post
    Hello Folks,

I was in confusion state whether to go for B1 or B2 visa stamping as I have two options on hand. I am working in IT Firm they planning to apply for B1 visa kind of trail basis on me where this is the first company filling for B1 to any employee. B1 proposal is got on January 2017 and submitted DS FORM 160 on same month but till date didn't paid fees as company wants to me hold till date.

At same time my close friend who is in USA sent me invitation letter to visit in December time for Christmas vacation. He is on H1 visa.

My question is, If I go to B2 visa will embassy officer will track my previous submitted DS FORM 160 and questioned me on that. If in case my B2 not went well, Can I apply for B1 with in a weeks. Which one is good option to go first for interview. Please suggest.
    If you did not submitted your DS160 in Jan 2017, its gone & they won't refer to that.

Applying for multiple visas aren't a good gesture to show.

My suggestion would be to apply for B1 with the help of your organization - it has higher chances.

Chances are less for visiting a friend on B2 visa.

Hope this helps.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      If you did not submitted your DS160 in Jan 2017, its gone & they won't refer to that.

Applying for multiple visas aren't a good gesture to show.

My suggestion would be to apply for B1 with the help of your organization - it has higher chances.

Chances are less for visiting a friend on B2 visa.

Hope this helps.
      Thanks for reply. I already submitted DS160 earlier in January 2017. Can I submit new DS 160 and if in case will old submitted DS 160 will questioned by visa officer. Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by naniraj View Post
        Thanks for reply. I already submitted DS160 earlier in January 2017. Can I submit new DS 160 and if in case will old submitted DS 160 will questioned by visa officer. Please let me know.
        You can submit a new one. Don't worry - VO won't ask anything about that.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X