What to fill as present employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to fill as present employer

I have accepted offer letter from XYZ company. My joining is after one month. The company wants to send me to US for 2 weeks training immediately after joining. Can I fill this company as my present employer in DS 160 even if my joining is after 1 month ? If yes, then what should be start date of employment ? Start date should be less than todays date.

Originally posted by ManojMaha View Post
    I have accepted offer letter from XYZ company. My joining is after one month. The company wants to send me to US for 2 weeks training immediately after joining. Can I fill this company as my present employer in DS 160 even if my joining is after 1 month ? If yes, then what should be start date of employment ? Start date should be less than todays date.
    Your information mentioned in DS160 should be true on the date of interview - so try to schedule the interview on the day you join that company & mentioned the company name as your present employer.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Need help to fill DS 160 form for B1/B2 Visa

Hello Friends,

here Is my experience on B1/B2 VISA interview at Chennai.
      1st attempt: date 02-Sept-2017
      Got B1/B2 visa for one year and Traveled to US for two weeks.

2nd attempt:18th -Sept-2018 at 10:45 AM.
      Visa got rejected under section 214 B

3rd attempt: 18th -Jan-2019 at 7:30 AM.

By filling the DS 160 Form as mentioned below

Have you ever been refused a U.S. visa , or been refused admission to the united States, or withdrawn your application for Admission at the port of entry
      Yes
      explanation: refused B1/B2 visa under section 214 B on date 18-sept-2018

____________________________________________________________ ________

I reached on at Consulate by 6 AM and I was the first in the Queue and after all the verification interview started at 8 AM exactly.

Me: Hi, Good Morning
      VO: Good Morning , please passport
      Me: Handover the passport.
      VO: What is the purpose to travel US ?
      Me: I have been invited from my parent company xyz to attend the training on "abc" and also I explain why I am attending this training.
      VO: How long will you stay ?
      Me: Exactly for one week, then I have to come back to india and sit with my technical team and give a proposal to them.
      VO: What is Role?
      Me: I am part of XYZ project lead.
      VO: What is your salary per anum ?
      Me: xxxxxxxx/PA
      VO: After some second ,Officer said that your are not eligible and given white letter and said your visa refused under section 214 B

Can you please anyone guide me what I did the mistake , I did not really convince with letter 214 b mentioned.

Is I filled DS-160 as mentioned below is correct for two Question.?

Have you ever been refused a U.S. visa , or been refused admission to the united States, or withdrawn your application for Admission at the port of entry
      Yes
      explanation: refused B1/B2 visa under section 214 B on date 18-sept-2018

____________________________________________________________ ________

I need yours suggestion and guideline for below
      when should I apply again ?

After rejection under section 214 B what should I Improve/what should I say at the time of interview?
      After Rejection what should I mention for below Two Question in DS-16 form ?
      Has your U.S. Visa ever been cancelled or revoked ?
      Have you ever been refused a U.S. visa , or been refused admission to the united States, or withdrawn your application for Admission at the port of entry ?

Please guide me it will help me to reapply once again.

Thanks,
      indraj

Comment

Originally posted by indraj View Post
        when should I apply again ?
        Unless, there is any change in the circumstances - reapplying won't change the result.
        After rejection under section 214 B what should I Improve/what should I say at the time of interview?
        Need to know, what could have caused this. Since you earlier had the visa - did you anyway misused it? like overstay, working on tourist visa, got paid by US employer etc. etc.
        After Rejection what should I mention for below Two Question in DS-16 form ?
        Has your U.S. Visa ever been cancelled or revoked ?
        No, your valid visa was never cancelled or revoked - it expired naturally.
        Have you ever been refused a U.S. visa , or been refused admission to the united States, or withdrawn your application for Admission at the port of entry ?
        Yes, you have 2 refusals - do not hide it
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X