X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anjaan01
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I had a weird experience in recent b1 visa interview held in Hyderabad. Please help me answering my questions if you are aware.

I attended for an interview for B1 visa and confirmed by VO that it has been approved
    After 5 days, I got my passport back without any stamping on it nor any letter attached staying the reason
    Later checked it on their website as well as reached out support ID and got to know that my application was put on Administrative Processing.

I am so confused that what is happening around this. I am a frequent traveler and in fact my passport carriers almost 10 major country visa stampings including my previous L1 and B1 which were expired a couple of years ago. Another surprsing thing was the case was created on the day i had given me finger printers, 3 days before my interview. I wanted to know anybody has similar experience or this is something unique.
    i had similar exp , VO told me after interview that visa is approved , but when i get my passport visa was denied

Leave a comment:

• ufabet9827837
    replied
    Provide Genuine Documents & interview

I was having the same problem with them.
    UFABET
    Prepare and Provide Genuine Documents & Correctly.

Also, Give Interview rightly everything genuine.

for sure, you will be provided with visa.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah4673
    replied
    Finally Approved Thanks to Thread...

Great experience on Feb 4 (Luckily I got appointment again in Delhi, I think slot was available as someone cancelled It was a rather long interview, but I was confident, and could feel my heart beat,
    VO was very nice woman in her early 30s

VO: How are you?
    M: I am good how are you?
    VO: I am great thanks, it?s quite windy today...Give me your passport?
    M: Smiles...Given
    Reads on computer...
    VO: Wow you studied in France
    Me: Yes,
    VO: Where
    Me: MSc in Cell Biology & Bioinformatics in Ecole Polytechnique, Paris
    VO: I did my Year abroad there, so you know French
    Me: Yes I have C1 level certification in French
    VO: Wow, so let's do this interview in French
    Me: Smiles, I could try
    VO: She said you don't have to. I am not so good in French. Anyhow, where you work
    Me: I work in Big Pharma company (given name) in Hyderabad for more than 2 years
    VO: How much you earn?
    Me: 25 Lacs per annum.
    VO: Everything fixed?
    Me: Yes, in addition to this 15% of fixed salary is given as bonus depending on individual and companys performance
    VO: So how are you performing?
    Me: I have the rating and I am above expectations
    VO: Wow,
    Me: I will get 140% of my bonus component
    VO: Good for you, I see you are going for AAD, where it is taking place
    Me: Walter E Washington Convention Centre
    VO: Where will you stay?
    Me: Renaissance Hotel
    VO: Your Company spends too much..
    Me: Yes, it makes $XX Billions every year as profit and I travel in business class
    VO: Thats nice, Which airline are you flying?
    Me: Flying Emirates
    VO: Which countries you have been to? I see you have been to Canada
    Me: Yes Canada, UK, France, Singapore, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland.... Interrupts in between
    VO: Which countries you have been on business reasons?
    Me: Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden
    VO: I see you have 5 years Schengen Visa, was that sponsored by your company or Europe just choose to give you
    Me: I travel frequently for business purposes, so when I applied last time in April 2018, they gave me 5 year multi entry visa (MEV). I also have 3 and 1 year Multi Entry visas before this.
    VO: I see that rarely on Indian Passport Holders (I dont know why she said that.....I know 4 people in my company who have 5 year MEV)
    Goes inside with my passport and god knows how long she stayed in...(2-3 minutes and longest of my life)
    Comes and smiles
    VO: How many years you stayed in the UK
    Me: 3 years 3 months for my BSc
    VO: Where you did BSc
    Me: BSc in Pharmacology in University College London
    VO: Can you show me your previous passports?
    Me: Gave my two previous passports.
    VO: Why your company is making you travel so much to Europe, do you get paid in Euros?
    Me: There are lot of conferences and workshops and I attend those to collect the data at these conferences, analyze the data in tools and get insights from data which I share with my stakeholders...(Interrupts in between)...VO: ok ok..
    VO: Do you get paid in Euros when you travel to Europe?
    Me: No, I get reimbursement of all expenses I make through Company?s Multi Currency Corporate Card and air tickets and hotels are paid directly out of Companys account
    VO: Types something in system for 1-2 minutes then ask, have you been ever denied US Visa
    Me: Yes twice, one in April 2016 with my previous employer and one with my current employer which was recent in Jan 2019
    VO: Why did you choose to apply from Delhi and not Hyderabad
    Me: I have my permanent home in Delhi and working from home for last 3 weeks. In addition, there were no appointments in Hyderabad...
    Goes inside again and come within 1-2 minutes
    VO: Do you own house in Delhi?
    Me: No, however, I have one flat in Gurgaon...sorry Gurugram, Delhi NCR in Sector 55 which I own, however I am the only son of my parents, so where I live that ancestral house will be mine only as ancestral property
    VO: Laughs...Are you single
    Me: Yes,
    VO: No worries, your visa is approved
    Me: Thank you very much
    VO: Returns my previous passports, Canadian Resident Card and expired UK Resident card

Came out with smile
    Feb 1: Finger Prints
    Feb 4: Interview
    Feb 5: Visa Issued (as per CEAC)
    Feb 8: Ready for pick up
    Last edited by Cheetah4673; 05-04-2019, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah4673
    replied
    [QUOTE=Libra_14;594841]I am not sure about these countries, but did you visited any country for business purpose on tourist visa, where business is not allowed on tourist visa - sort of misusing the visa?

Sorry, just trying to identify what could have went wrong with your profile.

No I went to countries on Business Visa

Like in US, in Europe too Business / Tourism is given together and the visa is called Short Term Visitor C Visa.

I have Schengen C 5 year Multi Entry Visa. I can use this visa for any tourism or business purpose. In very rare cases Schengen Zone grants 5 year multi entry visa. Since my travels were frequent, this time dutch embassy gave me 5 year visa which I used twice both for business purposes.

5 year multiple-entry Schengen visa. 5-year MEV is granted to people that travel a lot to the Schengen Zone, especially for business. This visa permits you to enter 26 countries in Europe as many times as you wish, within five years, as soon as you do not violate the 90/180 days rule. I have never violated this 90/180 day rule either. if I violate this, Schengen can easily calculate that and do not allow me to enter. I just went to Switzerland for business purpose in Jan 12 - Jan 22 after giving my fingerprints on Jan 10 and after coming from Switzerland I gave my visa interview.

I did tried to explain her reasons why I dont have an agenda.

I travel as tourist before to Europe but for that I got my own Schengen visas. I have never mis-used any visa. Never in my life. I will loose my PR status in Canada If i do so. Why would I risk my PR status!

My next appointment is on Feb 20....
    Last edited by Cheetah4673; 01-28-2019, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Libra_14
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheetah4673 View Post
    Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden: Schengen C Class Visa (Could be used for both Tourism and / or Business Visits) I have Schengen Visa from Italy, Netherlands and Denmark

VO did ask me if I have travelled with this company abroad and I gave the name of above mentioned countries

Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai: Tourism Visa, Got French Schengen Visa on my own to travel to France and Netherlands

Canada: Permanent Residence
    I am not sure about these countries, but did you visited any country for business purpose on tourist visa, where business is not allowed on tourist visa - sort of misusing the visa?

Sorry, just trying to identify what could have went wrong with your profile.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I had a weird experience in recent b1 visa interview held in Hyderabad. Please help me answering my questions if you are aware.

I attended for an interview for B1 visa and confirmed by VO that it has been approved
    After 5 days, I got my passport back without any stamping on it nor any letter attached staying the reason
    Later checked it on their website as well as reached out support ID and got to know that my application was put on Administrative Processing.

I am so confused that what is happening around this. I am a frequent traveler and in fact my passport carriers almost 10 major country visa stampings including my previous L1 and B1 which were expired a couple of years ago. Another surprsing thing was the case was created on the day i had given me finger printers, 3 days before my interview. I wanted to know anybody has similar experience or this is something unique.
    Please do not try to hijack other's thread.

Leave a comment:

• bmr_mahesh@yahoo.com
    replied
    bmr

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah4673
    replied
    Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
    Just guessing, did you visited those other countries on tourist visa ? Or business visa?
    Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden: Schengen C Class Visa (Could be used for both Tourism and / or Business Visits) I have Schengen Visa from Italy, Netherlands and Denmark

VO did ask me if I have travelled with this company abroad and I gave the name of above mentioned countries

Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai: Tourism Visa, Got French Schengen Visa on my own to travel to France and Netherlands

Canada: Permanent Residence

Leave a comment:

• Libra_14
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheetah4673 View Post
    Nothing was asked about number of companies in last 8 years of work ex I have

Although in DS160 I mentioned 3 past employers and one present employer obviously in last 5 years

I have worked for 6 companies in last 8 years, out of those 5 are in India
    Just guessing, did you visited those other countries on tourist visa ? Or business visa?

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah4673
    replied
    Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
    One reason may be - you keep on switching companies.
    Nothing was asked about number of companies in last 8 years of work ex I have

Although in DS160 I mentioned 3 past employers and one present employer obviously in last 5 years

I have worked for 6 companies in last 8 years, out of those 5 are in India
    Last edited by Cheetah4673; 01-25-2019, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Libra_14
    replied
    One reason may be - you keep on switching companies.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah4673
    started a topic B1 Visa

B1 Visa

Background: I studied my MSc in France and BSc in UK and I worked in Switzerland for close to 2 years with big European Company before I moved to India in 2013 where I changed jobs quickly and till April 2016 I was almost with 4th employer in India (5 companies in 6 years). I am 30 years old single male. I have Canadian Permanent Residence since Sep 2017

I applied for B1 in April 2016 with my then employer. I was denied on 214b (was stammering as I was nervous). At that time my Salary was 14 LPA and experience of 6 years. I have changed my employer couple of time till April 2016 and I have worked with that employer for around 1 year 4 months when they applied for my B1.

Now coming to Today, same European company which hired me in Switzerland also hired me in India (I have been working since Nov 2016 with this company in India) and sent me 3-4 times to Europe (Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden). I have been personally Europe as well (France, Netherlands), Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai.

I make close to 25 Lacs Per Annum now.

Today was so abrupt I dont know why US VOs hate me

Me: Good Morning
    VO: Give Me your passport

Keeps Looking at the Computer Typing something

VO: What is your destination: Washington DC
    VO: Destination?
    Me: Washington DC
    VO: Destination?
    Me: Big Conference (Gave the name) in Washington DC

VO: What is your Designation
    Me: Manager

VO: Does anything after Manager
    Me: No

VO: Do you supervise people
    Me: No, however, I am in Project Management Role

VO: Which countries you have been to with this company
    Me: Gave the name of EU countries I have been with this company

VO: Are you single?
    Me: Yes

VO: Do you have anyone in Europe (Friend, Girl Friend, Relative, Anyone?)
    Me: No, not at all

VO: What you will do in US
    Me: Attend Conference and one meeting prior to conference

VO: Is there any agenda for the conference?
    Me: Its a very big conference, I dont have an agenda, however, I have the invitation letter

VO: Show me
    Me: Showed

VO: I need Agenda not invitation letter

Typing, Typing, Typing, Typing, Typing (2-3 minutes) I thought she was looking reasons to reject me.

VO: We cannot approve your visa

What is the reason for her rejection, I wonder?

Salary? No I am def above average

Manager, still no one reports? Aren't they aware of Individual Contributor roles!

Travel History: Very high, Cannot see this as reason

Me being single? Yes may be!

Could Canada PR be the reason? Although nothing was asked about this!

Didn't have agenda for Conference or meetings, may be

No relatives or friends in US...I still ponder....I have got two rejections now one in April 2016 and another in Jan 2019...Now my company wants to apply again in Feb 2019....Wonder what they will do now!

My company is one of the biggest companies in World (hiring close to 50,000 people in US)
    50,000 in Europe
    100,000 in RoW

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X