Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa rejected

Hi guys,

Hoping to get some expert comments for the second attempt as my travel is really necessary.

Travel Plan - I have to travel US for attending a summit(las vegas) hosted by Adobe and do the business meetings at my office(Santa Clara).
    I was well prepared for the interview however I got rejected. I had two agenda items for the trip as explained above.

VO - Purpose of travel?
    ME - Attending a summit and post that business meetings at my office. I am going for two weeks in total.

VO - Are you working for Adobe
    ME - No, but I work on Adobe products primarily in my organisation which our company uses.

VO - Explain this summit?
    ME - Explained and also said that this is happening for 3 day in las vegas.

VO - Explain about the business meeting?
    ME - Post summit I will meet my stakeholders and team for the rest of days at Santa Clara office to discuss about the summit's key learnings, so that based on this we can create a roadmap. It will help me to work after coming back.

VO - Sorry we can't give you VISA today.
    ME - Thanks with smile and moved out of the room.

The entire process was very short and finished in 30 seconds.

Now i want to apply for the visa again after a week as it's important for me to attend the summit and business meeting both. I have been guided by few team members that only apply for summit and not for business meetings and may be reverse of that as well but not go with the same agenda.

In immihelp I read few cases of people who need to attend conferences and business meetings both, and are getting the rejection most of cases.
    So getting skeptical about to cut short the trip to one week with one agenda item only or go with the same plan for which specifically I need to go, but this reason was not liked by them in first attempt.

Hence need some expert advise in this.

Originally posted by help_seeker1990 View Post
    Now i want to apply for the visa again after a week as it's important for me to attend the summit and business meeting both. I have been guided by few team members that only apply for summit and not for business meetings and may be reverse of that as well but not go with the same agenda.

In immihelp I read few cases of people who need to attend conferences and business meetings both, and are getting the rejection most of cases.
    So getting skeptical about to cut short the trip to one week with one agenda item only or go with the same plan for which specifically I need to go, but this reason was not liked by them in first attempt.
    Its not only the interview questions, but your profile overall which is being examined before a visa is issued to you.

Questions you can ask yourself to try to identify the reason of rejection:
    - Is that summit worth enough?
    - Can't it be handled remotely?
    - Why you, why not someone else from USA itself can attend that? etc.

About your profile:
    - Total experience
    - What is your role?
    - Your salary?
    - Your marital status
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Libra_14

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Its not only the interview questions, but your profile overall which is being examined before a visa is issued to you.

Questions you can ask yourself to try to identify the reason of rejection:
      - Is that summit worth enough?
      - Can't it be handled remotely?
      - Why you, why not someone else from USA itself can attend that? etc.

About your profile:
      - Total experience
      - What is your role?
      - Your salary?
      - Your marital status
      Exp - 5+ years
      Current organization - 5 months now.
      Role - Senior Software Engineer
      Sal - six digit pm, shouldn't be an issue.
      Marital status - single

Definitely it would be attended by people from US as well but it was opportunity for me as well and company wants that to give to me. Hence I applied to get awareness on new technologies. And yes it can't be handled remotely.

I feel that rejection reason was quick voice while explaining the questions. The confusion of my organization and Adobe came in thier mind. I explained about my business are about to create the roadmap of new projects( not very specific)
      . May be I was overconfident and excited at same time, I had no fear at that time.

Is it good to apply with same agenda and explain the things in different way, example give more importance to projects in my company which is more essential than summit. Attending summit was additional advantage to me.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
      Last edited by help_seeker1990; 01-31-2019, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Exp - 5+ years
        Current organization - 5 months now.
        Role - Senior Software Engineer
        Sal - six digit pm, shouldn't be an issue.
        Marital status - single
        No need to post all these details, frankly none of us can be 100% sure to suggest what exactly went wrong.
        Try to identify yourself - we can only help you on where & what to look for.

Definitely it would be attended by people from US as well but it was opportunity for me as well and company wants that to give to me. Hence I applied to get awareness on new technologies. And yes it can't be handled remotely.
        They don't care about any "opportunity" for you. If others in USA can attend that summit & handle the business, then you don't need to visit.

I feel that rejection reason was quick voice while explaining the questions. The confusion of my organization and Adobe came in thier mind. I explained about my business are about to create the roadmap of new projects( not very specific)
        . May be I was overconfident and excited at same time, I had no fear at that time.
        May be a reason.

Is it good to apply with same agenda and explain the things in different way, example give more importance to projects in my company which is more essential than summit. Attending summit was additional advantage to me.
        Meeting a current or prospective client could be much better for a Sr. Software Engineer - compare to internal company meetings.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          No need to post all these details, frankly none of us can be 100% sure to suggest what exactly went wrong.
          Try to identify yourself - we can only help you on where & what to look for.

They don't care about any "opportunity" for you. If others in USA can attend that summit & handle the business, then you don't need to visit.

May be a reason.

Meeting a current or prospective client could be much better for a Sr. Software Engineer - compare to internal company meetings.
          Alright, thanks for the advice mate, it is really helpful. Have started the prepration now for second attempt.

And you are right I thought of same when explained about the summit, they might think why engineer want to go for a summit it should be for some manager or for high designated people. But yeah Good knows what they think.

And yes I will improve the mistakes which I think have done and will come back to share the experience after interview

Comment

Alright, thanks for the advice mate, it is really helpful. Have started the prepration now for second attempt.

And you are right I thought of same when explained about the summit, they might think why engineer want to go for a summit it should be for some manager or for high designated people. But yeah Good knows what they think.

And yes I will improve the mistakes which I think have done and will come back to share the experience after interview
            Best of luck buddy, hope you get what you deserve.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X