Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa in Chennai next week. Please advise my case

Hello Folks,

I appreciate all the help and advise being distributed on this platform. I have prepared as much as I can after reading everyone's post. I just wanted to explain my case here and seek any further specific advice.

My current employment: I am hired as a contractor by an American based startup called AITech (dummy name). I am currently working out of Bangalore as their Product Operations Manager and manage about 4 of their contractors under me. My salary is in range of 1.5 lac per month.

About the company: AITech is an American startup. The US office has 3 employees which includes. Rest of employees (currently contractors) are based in Romania (3 of them) and India (5 of us). They are not profitable yet and have been around for 1 year now. We are building a B2B software product.

My agenda: Invited to US for 3 weeks, 1 week is traning programs under the CEO, 2nd week is attend a trade show to promote our brand and 3rd week is business meetings. After finishing all this, come back to India and expand our team here to 10 people.

Additional info: The CEO is actually my cousin. I have been in US before for about 4.5 years under F1 student visa and later got H1B work visa as well. But, I quite my job in US and came back to India to start my business 3 years back. My cousin is hiring me so that he can build a team in India as it is cost effective for the company since the company is still a startup.

Based on the above info: How would you suggest me answer following questions?

1) What is the purpose of your travel?
    2) Do you have any relatives and friends in US?
    3) Anything else that you guys advice me to highlight to VO

Appreciate your guidance.

Originally posted by xtaticsympto View Post
    1) What is the purpose of your travel?
    Tell the truth.
    2) Do you have any relatives and friends in US?
    Tell the truth.
    3) Anything else that you guys advice me to highlight to VO
    Since you already have a good history of visiting USA - you still have high chances getting a business visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Tell the truth.

Tell the truth.

Since you already have a good history of visiting USA - you still have high chances getting a business visa.
      Ok, Thank you very much.

Comment

Spelling Mistake

Hi again,

I just finished my biometric. I noticed there was a spelling mistake in my name. They had missed one letter. The biometric guys have put a sticker on my passport with one letter missing in my name. My DS-160 confirmation page and passport of course have the correct spelling of name.

My interview is tomorrow. Do i need to do something about this?

Comment

Hi again,

I just finished my biometric. I noticed there was a spelling mistake in my name. They had missed one letter. The biometric guys have put a sticker on my passport with one letter missing in my name. My DS-160 confirmation page and passport of course have the correct spelling of name.

My interview is tomorrow. Do i need to do something about this?
          If your DS160 is matching with your passport - you should be good. Probably the biometric guy did a typo for that sticker only.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Re-opening this post. My Business Visa unfortunately got rejected post writing this post. I did not get the time to write down the conversation to get review from you guys for why I might have been rejected. I will write this soon today or tomorrow.

One quick question to the experts here (esp. Libra_14 ). I am reapplying for a Visa now, does it make a difference if I choose the same consulate (ie Chennai where I got rejected) or is it better if I choose a different consulate (Mumbai or Hyderabad) ?

Please advise.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Re-opening this post. My Business Visa unfortunately got rejected post writing this post. I did not get the time to write down the conversation to get review from you guys for why I might have been rejected. I will write this soon today or tomorrow.

One quick question to the experts here (esp. Libra_14 ). I am reapplying for a Visa now, does it make a difference if I choose the same consulate (ie Chennai where I got rejected) or is it better if I choose a different consulate (Mumbai or Hyderabad) ?

Please advise.
              Frankly if there is no difference in your situation/profile, then reapplying won't make any sense - irrespective of any consulate. I would suggest to wait for sometime (~6 months or so) & then re-apply.

Comment

Hi Libra_14 - My circumstances might have changed. Here are the details, let me know your thoughts.

My Background: I have been in US betweeen 2010-2015. 4 Years in F1 Visaa and another 6 months in H1B Visa. Quit my job there and came back to India to pursue my business. I have had driving license, social security number and paid taxes.
                Marital Status: Single
                Assets: I don't any properties. I rent my own place. I am single child to my parents who have assets that I try to manage sometimes.
                Other countries traveled: Traveled nowhere else other than US.

Last interview details:
                Date: Feb 6th 2019 Location: Chennai
                Employer: StealthAI Inc. (Name changed, this is an American incorporated company)
                Company size: 6-7 people
                My job title: Operations Manager
                Salary: Rs. 15 lpa
                Duration of Visa applied for: 3 weeks (1 week at the conference and 2 weeks training)

Interview transcript:
                The VO was an 40 something old lady. She seemed to be in a bad mode and cold. She rejected the person before me also.

VO: What is the purpose of travel?
                Me: Going there for 3 weeks to attend a conference in Las Vegas. Then heading to SF to attend business and client meetings.
                VO: What are the business and clients meetings about?
                Me: I explained as much as I could but I got nervous as I wasn't sure she was understanding or not. My voice was all shaky.
                Me: Madam can I give you more documents.
                VO: No, thanks. Your visa is rejected.

Current scenario:
                Employer: Same employer - Stealth AI Inc.
                Company size: 20 people (8 people in India)
                My job title: General Manager - India
                Salary: Close to double than before
                Purpose of visit: To attend a trade show in Boston. Trade show is in August.
                Length of visit: Planning to stay there 4-5 days max. Attend the trade show with CEO, meet potential clients and head back to India.

Libra_14 - Can you please advise me about what should be my approach this time?
                Last edited by xtaticsympto; 08-05-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

When was your recent visa application rejected?

Comment

Last Visa interview was Feb 6th 2019 when I was rejected under 214(b).

Comment

Also, I am seeing the visa appointment date as September 12 2019. Am i seeing this right? The conference is in August 11th actually. What else could be my options in this case.

Also, another query. It looks like Visa consulate is decided based on state of residence. I selected "India - Andhra Pradesh", that's how I got hyderabad. But i live in "India - Karnataka". Is this going to be a problem?

Comment

Last Visa interview was Feb 6th 2019 when I was rejected under 214(b).
                        Go ahead, I see good chances for you to get the visa.

Also, I am seeing the visa appointment date as September 12 2019. Am i seeing this right? The conference is in August 11th actually. What else could be my options in this case.
                        Keep checking the available slot online, if someone cancel/postpone his appointment you can grab that.

Also, another query. It looks like Visa consulate is decided based on state of residence. I selected "India - Andhra Pradesh", that's how I got hyderabad. But i live in "India - Karnataka". Is this going to be a problem?
                        I don't think so.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14 for all the advice. Will keep this forum posted on the end result.

Comment

Great, Best of luck !!

Comment

Hello, I just booked my date for August 5th actually in New delhi. I have to leave India by August 11th actually. Do i have enough time to get my passport back if they approve my Visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X