No announcement yet.

B1 Visa in Chennai next week. Please advise my case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on how far you live from New Delhi & how BlueDart works.

Embassy will dispatch the passport the very same day or at least the next day.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hello All,

Just wanted to post the good news that today I secured my US B1 Visa. Special thanks to Libra_14 for your invaluable advice. Not just to my questions but to the questions of all users in this form. I wanted to quickly add my summary here for the benefit of other applicants. Some quick highlights that will favor your chances of getting a visa:-

1) It is important to be confident while you are the VO window.
      2) Try not to have any expectation or over confidence that you will get the visa no matter how strong your case. This is just a psychological thing I think, if we assume that we will get Visa then we face ourselves the embarrassment or pain of rejection.
      3) Rather prepare very well for your interview and commit to give your best. Results are not completely in your hand. Worst case, if you do get rejected then take it as an opportunity to understand why you failed this time so that you can pass the next time.
      4) Make sure the profile you submit for DS-160 is clean and has enough pointers to show that you qualify for a B1 Visa. Half of the game is won here.
      5) If you are applying for B1, I advise you to stick to a single game plane - either conference or business meetings. Don't mix them both and give a confusing picture. VO are not technical guys and they will easily get confused which results in your rejection unfortunately.
      6) Also, keep your visit days to a short trip (I went with 6 days the 2nd time as opposed to 3 weeks the last time). It just helps you to defend your case better.
      7) Going to a conference is much better than Business meetings. Business meetings might have pre supossition that you might work there which is not allowed under the law.
      8) Smile during your interview, be polite and be humble. Don't go over board in proving your point. Try to give simple and easily understandable answers to VO. They see 100's of people everyday, their job isn't easy at all and they are not particularly out there to reject you. But, they sure get pissed off if you show you are "entitled" to get Visa in the tone of your voice. That will be easy rejection for them.
      9) Also, don't expect that they will ask or go over all your documents. If your DS-160 is weak then you won't even get proper questions, if your answers to the questions they ask are weak or not confident then they don't even ask for documentations. So, keep all necessary documents ready but approach the interview in phases meaning

Good DS-160 profile --> Give clean and precise answers --> Show documentation that they ask for --> If they approve your visa then smile and thank them

My Visa questions:

1) How many days is your travel? --> 6 days
      2) Why are you going to US? -->
      3) Which destination are you traveling to? --> New york
      4) Can you give me the invitation letters? --> given
      5) What's your annual salary?
      6) What is this conference about? --> marketing
      7) Last you had applied too, which conference was that you were going after? --> Another conference in my industry of marketing
      8) What was the last visa you had? H1B in 2015 but came back to India to pursue business opportunities

My final advice is, have a very good DS-160 profile, keep your visit under B1 short, be well prepared with answers that are not confusing to a lay man, give your best but don't expect anything. Good luck

Last edited by xtaticsympto; 08-05-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Excellent sharing. Congratulations for your visa.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by sderiis
          Since you already have a good history of visiting USA - you still have high chances getting a business visa.
          Yes, he got that visa in August itself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X