Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second attempt for B1 visa

Hello,
    I work as a Oracle functional consultant. At our company we work in on shore off shore model. I intend to travel to the US to meet my team and to be there for the go live of a implementation project which I will be supporting later from india.
    I was rejected the visa in my first attempt. On a second thought I think I didn't answer the questions very thoughtfully in the first attempt. Below are the questions and answers i gave
    Q. What is your designation
    A. Consultant
    Q. What is your purpose of the visit
    A. To attend business meetings.

Thats it. The VO replied within half a minute that I am not eligible.

The answers i am planning to give this time for the same questions are as below.
    A. Oracle procurement analyst
    Q. What is the purpose of the visit
    A. To take part in the knowledge transfer session for the implementation project that I will be supporting when I come back and to meet my on shore team members to discuss on how the support process can be made more efficient.

How does this sound?

Originally posted by akshayrahalkar View Post
    Hello,
    I work as a Oracle functional consultant. At our company we work in on shore off shore model. I intend to travel to the US to meet my team and to be there for the go live of a implementation project which I will be supporting later from india.
    I was rejected the visa in my first attempt. On a second thought I think I didn't answer the questions very thoughtfully in the first attempt. Below are the questions and answers i gave
    A. Consultant
    Q. What is your purpose of the visit
    A. To attend business meetings.

Thats it. The VO replied within half a minute that I am not eligible.

The answers i am planning to give this time for the same questions are as below.
    A. Oracle procurement analyst
    Q. What is the purpose of the visit
    A. To take part in the knowledge transfer session for the implementation project that I will be supporting when I come back and to meet my on shore team members to discuss on how the support process can be made more efficient.

How does this sound?
    This definitely sounds better than your previous answers. However there are multiple factors being considered while giving the visa (not only the interview questions & answers).

Please evaluate yourself that are you eligible for the visa or not. For example, your total experience, your education, your marital status, your income etc.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Dear,

I have received M entry B1/B2 for 10 years.
      I already stayed for 6 months, and asked for the extension of another 6 months.

I am about to leave the country as it is almost 240 days after the last day on my I-94.

My question is, could I stay in Europe for a few months and come back for trade fairs after a few months?
      If so, could I stay longer than 3 months or probably not? Will it be on a tourist visa or again on B1/B2 as this is valid for 10 years?

Thank you for the advise! Appreciated, as it is not very clear for me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X