X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamped B2 for 6 Months Instead of B1 by CBP at PoE on B1/B2 Visa

Hi again,

This was my first time in the US

I entered the US on Feb 23 and at port of entry (PoE), I was asked questions like what is the purpose of travel and when I intend to return; to which I answered Conference and will return back on March 6 after conference. I was even asked Invitation Letter from conference which I showed...Now he gave me the port of entry stamp of admitted with 6 months validity and B2 mentioned...I asked him this is B2 stamp and he said it doesn't matter visa is B1/B2. I returned back on 6th March and I have entry stamp in Zurich, Switzerland and no exit stamp from the US...

I know US doesn't do exit stamps, however, all I wanna ask if this B2 stamp at PoE will cause any problem in future entry, even though I entered on B1...I have no idea why he gave me B2...

To people I have talked to say, since he was giving me 6 months entry thats why B2 was given, B1 entries tend to be shorter than 6 months

Originally posted by Cheetah4673 View Post
    Hi again,

I entered the US on Feb 23 and at port of entry (PoE), I was asked questions like what is the purpose of travel and when I intend to return; to which I answered Conference and will return back on March 6 after conference. I was even asked Invitation Letter from conference which I showed...Now he gave me the port of entry stamp of admitted with 6 months validity and B2 mentioned...I asked him this is B2 stamp and he said it doesn't matter visa is B1/B2. I returned back on 6th March and I have entry stamp in Zurich, Switzerland and no exit stamp from the US...

I know US doesn't do exit stamps, however, all I wanna ask if this B2 stamp at PoE will cause any problem in future entry, even though I entered on B1...I have no idea why he gave me B2...

To people I have talked to say, since he was giving me 6 months entry thats why B2 was given, B1 entries tend to be shorter than 6 months
    Doesn't matter - you had both B1 & B2. You entered legally & returned on time. B1 or B2 written on passport doesn't matter.
    - Not a legal advice, just MY opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah4673 View Post
      Hi again,

Agree with other poster, it doesn't matter. I'm curious, did you check your I-94? What does it say? I entered by land, so I did not get a passport stamp (they don't do those at Mexico border). All I got was a paper I-94. My I-94 has a stamp which shows B2. Interestingly, my attorney pointed out that the stamp on my I-94 was for a different border crossing 50 miles away from the one where I actually crossed and was inspected. Not sure if they do this intentionally to screw with peoples immigration records, but it wouldn't surprise me.
      (c)9 AOS (Same-sex couple)
      2019/02/27 - Priority Date
      2019/03/09 - Received four I-797C NOA-1 for I-485, I-130, I-131, & I-765
      2019/03/15 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
      2019/03/26 - Biometrics Appointment in Harlingen, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by JunkMart View Post

Agree with other poster, it doesn't matter. I'm curious, did you check your I-94? What does it say? I entered by land, so I did not get a passport stamp (they don't do those at Mexico border). All I got was a paper I-94. My I-94 has a stamp which shows B2. Interestingly, my attorney pointed out that the stamp on my I-94 was for a different border crossing 50 miles away from the one where I actually crossed and was inspected. Not sure if they do this intentionally to screw with peoples immigration records, but it wouldn't surprise me.
        I doubt they are doing it intentionally. They are also humans & verifying thousand of aliens everyday - quite possible to do such silly mistakes.
        - Not a legal advice, just MY opinion

Comment

I had the same instance where I had to re-enter between the 6 month tenure originally allotted. They'll just extend to another 6 months over the same stamp from the day of your second visit. Hope that clarifies.

Comment

Working...
          X