X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamped B2 for 6 Months Instead of B1 by CBP at PoE on B1/B2 Visa

Hi again,

This was my first time in the US

I entered the US on Feb 23 and at port of entry (PoE), I was asked questions like what is the purpose of travel and when I intend to return; to which I answered Conference and will return back on March 6 after conference. I was even asked Invitation Letter from conference which I showed...Now he gave me the port of entry stamp of admitted with 6 months validity and B2 mentioned...I asked him this is B2 stamp and he said it doesn't matter visa is B1/B2. I returned back on 6th March and I have entry stamp in Zurich, Switzerland and no exit stamp from the US...

I know US doesn't do exit stamps, however, all I wanna ask if this B2 stamp at PoE will cause any problem in future entry, even though I entered on B1...I have no idea why he gave me B2...

To people I have talked to say, since he was giving me 6 months entry thats why B2 was given, B1 entries tend to be shorter than 6 months

Originally posted by Cheetah4673 View Post
    Hi again,

I entered the US on Feb 23 and at port of entry (PoE), I was asked questions like what is the purpose of travel and when I intend to return; to which I answered Conference and will return back on March 6 after conference. I was even asked Invitation Letter from conference which I showed...Now he gave me the port of entry stamp of admitted with 6 months validity and B2 mentioned...I asked him this is B2 stamp and he said it doesn't matter visa is B1/B2. I returned back on 6th March and I have entry stamp in Zurich, Switzerland and no exit stamp from the US...

I know US doesn't do exit stamps, however, all I wanna ask if this B2 stamp at PoE will cause any problem in future entry, even though I entered on B1...I have no idea why he gave me B2...

To people I have talked to say, since he was giving me 6 months entry thats why B2 was given, B1 entries tend to be shorter than 6 months
    Doesn't matter - you had both B1 & B2. You entered legally & returned on time. B1 or B2 written on passport doesn't matter.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah4673 View Post
      Hi again,

Agree with other poster, it doesn't matter. I'm curious, did you check your I-94? What does it say? I entered by land, so I did not get a passport stamp (they don't do those at Mexico border). All I got was a paper I-94. My I-94 has a stamp which shows B2. Interestingly, my attorney pointed out that the stamp on my I-94 was for a different border crossing 50 miles away from the one where I actually crossed and was inspected. Not sure if they do this intentionally to screw with peoples immigration records, but it wouldn't surprise me.
      2019/02/27 PD
      2019/03/09 Received Receipts
      2019/03/15 Received Biometrics Appt.
      2019/03/26 Biometrics Appt.
      2019-04-01 Case ready to to be scheduled for interview
      2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS
      2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.
      2019-05-21 Card in production
      2019-05-23 Update that USPS picked up the card
      2019-05-24 I-130 and I-485 Approval Letters received via USPS.
      2019-05-29 Green Card Received

Comment

Originally posted by JunkMart View Post

Agree with other poster, it doesn't matter. I'm curious, did you check your I-94? What does it say? I entered by land, so I did not get a passport stamp (they don't do those at Mexico border). All I got was a paper I-94. My I-94 has a stamp which shows B2. Interestingly, my attorney pointed out that the stamp on my I-94 was for a different border crossing 50 miles away from the one where I actually crossed and was inspected. Not sure if they do this intentionally to screw with peoples immigration records, but it wouldn't surprise me.
        I doubt they are doing it intentionally. They are also humans & verifying thousand of aliens everyday - quite possible to do such silly mistakes.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

I had the same instance where I had to re-enter between the 6 month tenure originally allotted. They'll just extend to another 6 months over the same stamp from the day of your second visit. Hope that clarifies.

Comment

Originally posted by JunkMart View Post

It says there B2 only...

Anyhow they have mentioned that my i94 is valid till 25 Aug 2019 from my previous entry in Feb 2019 and I have entered on B2! and as you guys suggested B1/B2 doesn't make a difference (lot of my friends have said the same). I am already in US again for 7 days and no stamp was given this time...just purpose of trip was asked for which I said Conference....

Comment

Congratulations & thanks for writing back to the forum, appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X