Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS B1 Visa valid ?

Hi All,

I have my B1 VISA approved and its valid till another 8 years through my current employer. If I leave my current employer, is this visa Valid ?
    If I goto any new employer, can I use the same Visa which I have now ?

Regards,
    Raj

Visa not valid if you change employer

your visa was issued to you based on the fact that your employer was the one who sponsored the same
    if you change / leave this employer, the visa becomes invalid, unless your new employer files for another one immediately
    good luck

Comment

Well, it really depends.

Does the visa have annotations such as the purpose or any company name?
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Is B1 Visa Valid?

Originally posted by immihelp
        Well, it really depends.

Does the visa have annotations such as the purpose or any company name?

Visa doesn't have Annotations. Its blank.

Regards,
        Raj

Comment

I think if the visa doesnot have the annotations, then you can use that for different company. Actually my friend did the same.

Comment

I agree with 'Aam'.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

read this story: http:// **************** *.com/showthread.php?t=178969

moral: it doesnt even matter if you change employers and your previous employers name is annotated...just go ahead on the same visa but carry the resignation letter, appointment letter and the current companys business trip related letter and u r fine.

here is the thread extract if the link doesnt work:

person 1:
              Validity of BUSINESS VISA (B1) with annotation of previous employer
              Hi,

I am holding a valid B1/B2 US visa. The annotation is of my previous employer name. With the general information that I cannot travel with the visa having annotation of my previous employer, I applied for an interview with the consular in Calcutta for a new visa. After the security check and TT-Service clearance I got my documents verified by the lady in the consular room. She advised me not to apply for the visa again as I am already holding a valid visa. Upon my question regarding the annotation in the visa with my previous company, she told me that I should carry my resignation-acceptance-letter from my previous company and the appointment letter from my present company while traveling to the US. I was convinced by the lady at the consulate and came back without appearing for the interview.

When I reported this to the company they asked me to verify this with the travel agent. The travel agent advised me that I should have taken a written letter from the consulate regarding my validity of business visa with the present employer. Otherwise I am not eligible to travel to the US on business purpose.

Do I really need to appear again to obtain a letter from the consular or apply for a new visa canceling the existing one. Or as the lady adviced me I can go to the US carrying the documents regarding the change of the employer?

Please advice.

person 2:

Travel agents have no or very little knowledge about what is going on in the embassy. Consulate will not give you a letter because they already given the visa, if you are not eligible they would have cancelled it. Follow the counsel instruction.

person 1:
              Thank you for the response. We called-up the consulate and reconfirmed that even with annotation with previous company on B1 visa, traveling to the US for business purpose is valid. You need to carry the resignation acceptance letter from previous company, appointment letter from present company and the invitation letter while traveling.

Comment

If the visa does't have annotations, then you can use that for different company.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X