B1 for conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 for conference

I am a doctor doing my post-graduation in pediatrics and got an invitation to attend a pediatric national conference in atlanta. How strong is my case and what r the documents to be produced?

The most important concern with the visa officer is to
    assess if the applicant will actually return after the visit. This is especially so with young doctors who are likely not to return given the lucrative
    career options in USA.

You will have to show strong ties to India to make a strong case.
    If you are married with children, you stand a good chance.
    If you are not, the decision will depend on how you present the case.
    Stress on plans in India after your PG; job, practice. Describe some situation
    in the family, which requires you to return. Show a lot of money if you have it (deposits, property, equity). Get a statement from your CA showing
    all your savings deposits, FDs, bonds, insurance policies, shares, property etc. on a single piece of paper for a quick glance.

Docs required;
    1. Evidence of registration for the conference. You will be asked how you got invited, whether you opted
    to go for the conference yourself or your institutre is sending you. If other doctors are going with you.
    2.Evidence of your PG enrolment and stipend
    3. Evidence of leave from the PG course granted for the period of the trip
    4. Evidence of funds, as above.

Originally posted by charan66
    I am a doctor doing my post-graduation in pediatrics and got an invitation to attend a pediatric national conference in atlanta. How strong is my case and what r the documents to be produced?
    Last edited by peace; 09-06-2006, 03:16 AM.

Comment

More doubts

thank you for replying to my msg. I am married and expecting a child soon. But i have not registered my marriage yet. do i need to produce a marriage certificate? Actually i got the invitation on contacting them by mail and conveying my interest to attend. they have sent a letter adressing the consulate and also invitation. I have prepared documents showing bank statement and property sufficient enough,though somewhat **** ones. I will produce a certificate of my study and conduct issued by principal of my college . I can avail leave once i get a visa. Iwill be having 30 days leave .Should i buy airtickets and show them or jus showing itinerary of my travel is enough?

Comment

You do not need a marriage certificate. Usually they do not ask for evidence of marriage for a visitor visa, but in case they do, just take some wedding pictures with you and if you have time, get her name added in your passport.

No need to buy airtickets first. They won't ask for it.
        Many doctors go to US with conferences as an excuse ,so the officer
        will ask you questions about it; why are you interested in attending a conference in US? Have you attended any in India or in any other
        country? Take evidence of any seminars or conferences you have attended
        in India.

thank you for replying to my msg. I am married and expecting a child soon. But i have not registered my marriage yet. do i need to produce a marriage certificate? Actually i got the invitation on contacting them by mail and conveying my interest to attend. they have sent a letter adressing the consulate and also invitation. I have prepared documents showing bank statement and property sufficient enough,though somewhat **** ones. I will produce a certificate of my study and conduct issued by principal of my college . I can avail leave once i get a visa. Iwill be having 30 days leave .Should i buy airtickets and show them or jus showing itinerary of my travel is enough?

Comment

Thanks for the info. Should i approach any visa consultancies to help me in preparing for the interview to improve my chances of getting a visa? I will take all the certificates of conferences and seminars which i have attended so far with me as u have suggested.But one thing i am worried about is the **** property documents which i should produce which is inevitable as one cannot show such hefty bank balances. will this have any bearing on my visa prospects?
          My brother is working as a software professional in us. Should i tell them if they ask me about any of my relations there?
          It will be very nice to c from u. thank u.

Comment

I do not think there is any need to go to a consultant. They charge exorbitant fees for a little guidance. You know the best policy is to be honest
            and natural. You cannot lie about your brother. You will have to answer the
            question about your relatives in US on the form DS-156.
            About the documents; Most of the time they do not even look at the documents. They decide on the basis of your answers and how you answer
            them.
            I advice you against producing any **** documents. It might have long term
            consequences if detected which is worse than a denial of visitor visa.
            What is the total worth that you can show in terms of savings deposits,
            shares, bonds, FDs, etc.?

Thanks for the info. Should i approach any visa consultancies to help me in preparing for the interview to improve my chances of getting a visa? I will take all the certificates of conferences and seminars which i have attended so far with me as u have suggested.But one thing i am worried about is the **** property documents which i should produce which is inevitable as one cannot show such hefty bank balances. will this have any bearing on my visa prospects?
            My brother is working as a software professional in us. Should i tell them if they ask me about any of my relations there?
            It will be very nice to c from u. thank u.

Comment

I am also against producing **** documents but cant help as its not possible to show atleast 5 lakhs as bank balance and transactions which i have done over the last 6 months.It is said we should show strong family and economic ties here so that they will be sure of our return. Actually the original fds, property ,bank balance all together does not come more than 50 lakhs.
              WHAt should i answer for the question if i have made any specific travel arrangements in ds-157.Should i show them that i have blocked tickets and get them once i get a visa?

Comment

Thanks peace for ur guidance and help. I got ten years multiple entrance visa at chennai consulate on 22nd sep. i will be flying soon .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X