Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can sibling living in US affect getting B1 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can sibling living in US affect getting B1 visa?

Hi,
    I work in a reputed software company. My company is sending me to US on a business trip. My sister is a permanent legal resident of US. She is married and works in West Virginia. I have mentioned this in my form DS156. Can this lead to a rejection?

thanks

I donot think there is any problem. If you were going on a casual trip as a tourist, it could be a problem but not with a business visa with a reputed company.

Originally posted by saloni
    Hi,
    I work in a reputed software company. My company is sending me to US on a business trip. My sister is a permanent legal resident of US. She is married and works in West Virginia. I have mentioned this in my form DS156. Can this lead to a rejection?

thanks

Comment

Its never a problem as long as you are frank with the officer. Even i had the same question in mind when i went for the interview. My parents and my sister stays in US and all of them are green card holders. I had declared the same and they only question the visa officer asked me was were they legal residence....as i said yes i was issued a 10yr Multiple entry visa...Also go tru BEP Prgm, will help a lot !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X