Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent reply needed

Hello friends,

I was refused four times in 2003 & 2004 for F1(student visa), now my organization is applying my B1. Below listed are my few doubts:
    1. Will the interviewing counselor consider my F1 refusal also while taking my interview for this B1 visa application ?

2. What kind of question they can ask me in B1 visa interview?

I am bit nervous, a small help from your side can change my world.

Thanks and Regards,
    Erric Ster

It can affect, because both require a non-immigrant intent. But if your
    life situation has changed somewhat and you can show strong ties to India(family, job) you may get the visa.

Need more information to answer ;
    1.What were the reasons for F-1 denial?Was it lack of funds or
    immigrant intent? Please describe in some detail.
    2.Did you show the papers from the same school on all 4 applications?
    3.What has changed in your life since you applied for an F-1?
    *are you married ? any children?
    *what is your age?
    *Have you ever been abroad? When?
    *What is your job? and what is your income(range)?

Originally posted by erricster
    Hello friends,

I was refused four times in 2003 & 2004 for F1(student visa), now my organization is applying my B1. Below listed are my few doubts:
    1. Will the interviewing counselor consider my F1 refusal also while taking my interview for this B1 visa application ?

2. What kind of question they can ask me in B1 visa interview?

I am bit nervous, a small help from your side can change my world.

Thanks and Regards,
    Erric Ster

Comment

thanx for ur quick reply

Reason> It is not immigrant intent and more then this nothing has been told to me. the counselor gave me a paper and asked to read for more information but in the paper nothing much is there. just abt immigrant intent.
      Reason> Twice i showed the same school and then i changed for other times.
      *are you married ? any children? --- i am single
      *what is your age? ---- my age is 25
      *Have you ever been abroad? When? ---- no i have not been to any other country but on my visa there is Singapore visiting visa stamped for 1 month multiple entry.
      *What is your job? and what is your income(range)? i am working as a system analyst and income range is five lakh per annum

Comment

Well, you may get it if your company profile is good and the purpose of visit
        is concrete. You have a negative factor like 4 denials
        for a student visa but you also have positive factors ;
        2yrs have passed since the denials. And you have good income.

Advice:
        The officers will mainly be concerned about your returning from US because
        you were denied for immigrant intent 4 times. They rely heavily on how you answer the questions and the general impression you give them. So give him the impression that your future is in India and you are going purely for a business visit. He may or may not ask about the past F1 denial. If he asks; tell him it is in the past and that your life situation has completely changed ;that you are employed and settled in India now because you have good income here.

Questions you may be asked;
        1.Why do you wish to go?
        2.For how long?
        3.Where do you work in India?
        4. As what? For how long have you held this job?
        5. What is your income?
        6. Show me the letter from the host in US.
        7. Show me the letter from your company showing they are sending you to US on this assignment.
        He may ask you details about your assignment and its relation to your job here.
        7. What is your company's turn over?
        8. SHow me company's brochure, copy of balance sheet and your IT returns.
        9. Are you married?
        10. Have you ever visited any other country?

Originally posted by erricster
        Reason> It is not immigrant intent and more then this nothing has been told to me. the counselor gave me a paper and asked to read for more information but in the paper nothing much is there. just abt immigrant intent.
        Reason> Twice i showed the same school and then i changed for other times.
        *are you married ? any children? --- i am single
        *what is your age? ---- my age is 25
        *Have you ever been abroad? When? ---- no i have not been to any other country but on my visa there is Singapore visiting visa stamped for 1 month multiple entry.
        *What is your job? and what is your income(range)? i am working as a system analyst and income range is five lakh per annum
        Last edited by peace; 11-15-2006, 07:26 AM.

Comment

b1 visa

hi,
          i am a pt working in coimbatore planning to attend a workshop in usa. i like to know the paper work to be done regarding this.

i am working in a institution which is going to sponsor my trip. what are the documents to be submitted by the institute.

in 2002 i got a f1 visa rejection under 221g .will it effect my chances of getting b1 visa. anyone can comment on this

Comment

hi !
            sec. 221g was not a final rejection. did u persue further after u get the 221g?

i suggest you prepare to give the answer if the VO asks u about ur previous F-1 rejection.

as far as the documents needed, u can get full checklist from this web site itself.

wishing u luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X