B1 Visa, Stay Extension - Pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa, Stay Extension - Pls help

Hi, I have a B1 - Multiple entry visa. I have been here for 3 weeks and now my US employer wants me to extend my stay in US by 2-3 weeks. However my I-94 departure slip says - 4th Dec. If my company starts the process today, will I be able to get the extension by 4th Dec. Also does it reflect badly (for future) on you if you get your stay extended? Would be grateful if someone could guide me soon on this. Thanks

No way. You won't get it by 4 th dec. In fact it is a very slow process, takes months .
    In your case , it would be better you leave before dec4, and reenter after a few weeks if you have a multiple entry visa.

This would avoid the potential complications that can arise if you apply
    for an extension and wait for an approval beyond your I-94 date.
    If the response is a denial , there can be problems at future entries because of sec 222g voids your visa if you overstay even one day.And once you get the denial , 222g applies if you are in US beyond your I94 date.

Originally posted by saidip
    Hi, I have a B1 - Multiple entry visa. I have been here for 3 weeks and now my US employer wants me to extend my stay in US by 2-3 weeks. However my I-94 departure slip says - 4th Dec. If my company starts the process today, will I be able to get the extension by 4th Dec. Also does it reflect badly (for future) on you if you get your stay extended? Would be grateful if someone could guide me soon on this. Thanks

Comment

What if..

Will it still be a problem, if i apply but not wait and fly back by 4th if i dont get a reponse. Thanx
      Appreciate your reponse

Comment

no it won't be. It won't reflect badly either.
        Tips: You should always keep a copy of your I-94 before turning it in at departure. And save your boarding pass too. When you enter next, this will help establish your allowed
        stay and your date of departure on your last visit..... in case there is a problem
        due to human or computer error.

Originally posted by saidip
        Will it still be a problem, if i apply but not wait and fly back by 4th if i dont get a reponse. Thanx
        Appreciate your reponse

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X