Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa documents

Dear Senior Members,

I'm an Indian citizen working in the Middle East planning to visit USA for attending a 4-day conference hosted by a major software company. I have a letter of invitation from the company in the US. The company in the US will be sponsoring my accomodation and personal expenses while I am there.

I will be taking care of the travel and visa expenses myself. I am going for this conference of my own interest and the company I work for (which is a software company in the middle east) has got nothing to do with it and hence I will not have a letter from my current employer. I plan to get the visa processed through the Consulate at Chennai.

Is it mandatory to have a letter from my employer for obtaining the B1 visa? I have a good balance in my bank account at my home country. What other document should I produce to show strong "ties" with my home country? i.e. what proof is usually produced (and accepted) to show that one's family is in India?

Please advice,
    Ibrahim

No, it is not mandatory to get employment letter from your current employer mentiong your intentions to get B1 visa.

However, I believe that your employer should always be willing to give a general employment letter indicating that you work there, what you duties are etc.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X