Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 to H1

fdsa
    Last edited by kiran_cd; 03-08-2009, 06:05 AM.

hi
    even if you change your status from B1 to H1, you should attend the consular interview second time to get H1B visa stamped on ur passport.

Comment

Changing status is not a problem in US, the only thing is you will get a status change on your I-94 and not your passport. (you will have to send your
      I-94 with the B1 stamp while applying for the change of status and you will get a new I 94 with an H-1 stamp). In this situation, you will be fine as long as you are in the US. But if you have to travel home, you will have to deposit
      that I 94 while leaving US and will have to apply for an H-1 visa at home to be able to come back to US. At that point the embassy can quiz you on why you changed status when you initially went on a B1.
      (you may have lied applying for B1 when you already had an H-1 in mind)

So, it is always better to get an H-1 stamp at home than change status
      as far as possible.
      Last edited by peace; 02-16-2007, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Which category of GC are you considering? Through family or through an employer?

Comment

Do you have parents,siblings,spouse who are either US citizens or Green card
          holders?
          If yes, you can get a green card through them.

if not, you should look for an employer who will file for your green card.
          The employer who filed for your H-1 can also file for your gc.
          But these days even employer filed gcs (depending on the category)have a wait of many years.

The fastest way to get GC is to get married to a US citizen.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X