B1 and H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 and H1

I have a valid B1 Visa with my current organization and a valid H1(future employer) for which recently stamping was done. For various reasons i was not able to go to US in H1 immediately after stamping.Right now my present employer is requesting me to go to USA to give Knowledge transition. I would like to know whether my H1 will become invalid when i enter USA in B1 visa.

Its very urgent. Please suggest what can be done to prevent the H1 visa from becoming invalid.

Thanks In Advance

Regards
    M.raguraman

Do you still have both B1 and H1b stampings on ur passport. I thought once u get H1 b stamping approved they will cancel ur old B1 stamping.

Comment

you can travel on b1, if your b1 has not been canceled, mine is the same case. i have also b1 and h1 stamped on my passport. now i want to travel on my b1 again.

I just called consulate and VFS centre, they said you can travel on your business visa if you have valid reason.

thanks,

LeoStar

Comment

Thanks Leo

I was under a impression that at one point of time there is only one type of visa will be valid. I know couple of friends whose H1 was cancelled when they applied B1.I assume u have a B1 first later u applied for H1B.Is that correct?

Comment

yes i have b1 first then i stamped h1 last week, i traveled to US on my b1 2 times.

LeoStar.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X