Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1 Extension- authorization of stay still ok even if date comes past I-94 expiry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Extension- authorization of stay still ok even if date comes past I-94 expiry?

I requested for B1 visa extension approximately 30 days before the expiration of my I-94 which I mailed march 26th. Consequently, the USCIS customer service says that my status is still "okay" as long as my application is pending at the Service Center.

I do not want to be out of status so I would like to know now if I am indeed allowed to stay as I wait for the result of my extension application.

Will I receive a written advice from the USCIS regarding the "temporary" validity of my stay while case is still pending? It would be best to secure a paper from USCIS which tells that I am complying with the Immigration's directives, right? Will they be sending me a paper which tells so?

What does the Receipt notice include aside from the Receipt number?

I submitted my original I-94 since Application Form I-539 for Extension requires it but I retained a photocopy of it. Is this alright?

Thanks for the advice.

As long as you applied for your extension before the expiration of current I-94, you are fine. You must have received a receipt from them regarding your filing of extension. That is enough to prove that you are in legal status.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

B1 Extension Enquiry

Dear immihelp,

My case might be similar. My i-94 got stamped with June 21. Now my company is applying for my B1 extension until June 26. They would file the US extension application within this week starting June 12.

If I leave US on June 26, without the approval notice or new i-94 as this will take a couple of weeks, is it legal to present the copy of extension application to immigration?

Will I be able to enter US again or apply for US visa again?

Kindly advise. Thank you.

Regards, Jerold

Comment

B1 Extn

Originally posted by jiruld
        Dear immihelp,

My case might be similar. My i-94 got stamped with June 21. Now my company is applying for my B1 extension until June 26. They would file the US extension application within this week starting June 12.

If I leave US on June 26, without the approval notice or new i-94 as this will take a couple of weeks, is it legal to present the copy of extension application to immigration?

Will I be able to enter US again or apply for US visa again?

Kindly advise. Thank you.

Regards, Jerold
        Hi

It is legal for your to travel out of the US on the Jun 26, p[rovided your extension application has reached the service centers before the expiry of your I-94 card. Remember to collect the extn receipt from your Attorney even after a future date along with your extn approval, which is mandatory to obtain another US visa from any consular post.

Not legal advice!

Comment

This case is similiar

I have a I 94 which expires on nov 3 of 2008. I have applied for the extension until december 15th of this year.
          1) How long does it take to grant/deny application
          2)I have sent the original I94 keeping a copy.How to leave the country while the case is pending?
          3)I am a medical graduate who came for exams and interviews, I will be going back as soon as interviews get over. I just go the confirmation receipt from uscis vermont for the application.
          What should i do while the case is pending...I checked into their website they say they are processing the 2007 applications now!!!
          Please help me in this matter

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X