passport size photographs
    visa letter from ecfmg
    my medical school transcript
    ds 156/157
    hdfc bank receipt
    bank statement and passbook
    statement from ca showing my net assets

will these do?

I assume you are going for cs test. You should say so.

show
    * hotel booking and
    *documents related to future plans in India after completing residency in US; clinic site/tentative job letter from a hospital offering consultancy after you return from US.
    Last edited by peace; 05-15-2008, 08:17 AM.

Comment

What visa is this for? What is ECFMG? Please capitalize acronyms for better readability.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

working status?

yeah,i am going to for visa to give cs test.i am not working at present.so i didn't mention abt my working status in application.does it effect my chances to get visa?wat should be my answers if they ask why do u want to do residency in US.
        to txh1b -i will correct myselves from now onwards in typing.thanking you.

Comment

As always, no hiding of information. Infact, showing that you are working may help you as you will come back to resume the job after the exam.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

In reply to txh1b:

I think what diya08 meant was that he in actual fact is presently unemployed, and therefore wants to know if his being unemployed affects his chance of obtaining a visa.

Comment

My bad. I misread it as the person was working and wanted to not reveal it.

Comment

invitation letter?

i will stay with my cousin during my visit.i gave his address in application.i have visa letter from ECFMG saying that i have to come there for my ".USMLE step2 CS examination".do i have to get invittion letter from my cousin too ?

Comment

I advise cs takers to provide hotel booking rather than a relative's address.

Visa officers sometimes think the relative may help the test taker to provide long term support and think the appliant may not return.

Now that you have provided your cousin's address, just get an invitation letter from him/her stating he will be providing a week's stay to you for the duration of the test. One must provide proof of where you will be staying.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X