last minute tips pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last minute tips pls

any do's and dont's at visa interview.check list of documents to be carried by me for B1visa to give my "USMLE step2cs examination".
    passport
    passport size photographs
    ds156 n 157
    appointment letter to visa interview
    bank statement and pass book
    property worth being shown on letter head of CA
    visa letter from ECFMG
    my score reports of step1&2
    medical school transcript &other credentials
    invitation letter from my cousin with whom i wil stay

any other documents to be added?i don't know whether feels the same.obsessed to check these papers so many times .wish me good luck.

They will ask you what your plans are after your residency.
    It is a tricky question; never say you wish to work in US. They wish to hear that you will return to India and practice/work.
    Show a tentative letter from a hospital in India offering your consultancy after you return or show papers of a clinic site( at home/ elsewhere) where you will practice in India.

Comment

why do u want..

if they ask me why do u want to do residency in US ,can i tell like its my parents dream that i should get trained there.

Comment

No.
        That is a big difference in ours and western thinking. A lot of Indians do what their parents want them to do. Western thinking is do what YOU want to do , not what your parents want you to do.

If they ask you this question, the right answer would be;
        "I wish to go for superior training that is available in US and return better trained in my specialty".

Comment

DIYA08

One more thing. Do not mind my saying but it seems you do not like to thankfully acknowledge good advice given to you. That is the reason you start a new thread for follow up questions for your original thread. And your posts are dry and interrogatory rather than courteously thankful.
          Last edited by peace; 05-19-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

denied B1visa

to peacels give me ur email id.

VO is very cool.all this happened bcoz of me messing up my application giving my cousin's address for my stay in US and also that i am not having gud job here.i want to apply again as soon as possible.but how should we explain the conflicting points in my next application with my previous one.like staying at hotel during my stay and my working status.
            i am very glad to everyone who are making time to help people like me in these busy days.i will try to communicate well from now onwards.i was telling everyone abt this site and the people here .but, i didn't have sense to show my gratitude to u all in person.SORRY.

Comment

to peace

sorry,i typed slash bar and letter next and it became that icon after i posted it.not my intention.really sorry.

Comment

Sorry about your denial.
                Please see Private message.

Comment

to peace

pls ckeck ur mail sir

Comment

Information and preparation for a B1 B2 visa

Firstly can any1 plz help with kind of documents i wud need to take to the interview , I have a interview scheduled for the 3rd of june at 8;15 am at he chennai embassy......

Comment

r u medico?

i don't know much about documents to be carried by others.if you are medical graduate carry documents about your working status ,in addition to those listed in first post here. that is all i knew .let us wait for others quotes.bye.

Comment

214(b)

Hi all
                        I am here with bulging head.pls tell me VO gave me 214(b) letter at my previous interview.Does it imply that there very few chances for me to get visa in the same category?Are there many chances for denial even if i explain my deficits last time.
                        thanking you in advace.

Comment

need your suggestions

pls help me.i need your suggestions.

Comment

You need to have significant change in ties to your home country to requalify for the visa and to overcome the 214b if you are applying in a short gap of time.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Will one month gap do?

Thank you for reply.Will one month gap be enough to reapply?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X