Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling with B1

Hi,

I have visited US end of last year (2007) and applied for B1 extension, i got my B1 extension approved and returned back to my home on Feb 27th, when i left US, i submitted my old I - 94 and new I - 94 which i received from USCIS. Now I want to travel back to US for urgent meetings with my existing B1. Note that, I left US 3 months before.

My question is, will i be getting entry in immigration check? or will there be any problem in my travel?

Kindly guide me as soon as possible.

Thanks
    sgvasan

You will be questioned why you came back so quickly after a long stay. You must carry papers about your business meetings in US and you will be allowed entry, however, you must be careful about the following things;

*They will ask you about required duration of stay; you must say only the period required for the meetings like 2-3 weeks or so, do not say 3 months or 6 months.
    *Book a return ticket matching your duration of stay. They may look at the ticket.
    *They may sometimes ask questions about your last extension and may even ask proof that you did not overstay. Take the extension approval letter with you and a copy of the extended I-94. If you have saved the boarding passes
    from last departure ,take them with you.

Comment

Frequency of Travel

Hi

I have the same query, though last time I did not apply for an extension.

I had travelled to the US in the last week of Jan and stayed there till 24 April, almost 3 months.

Now I need to travel by mid - June.

In my last stay I did not request for any extension.

What kind of questions do I expect?

I need to stay for 3 months again, should I mention three months or less.

I read in the forum that in 12 months you should have stayed more time in your home country than in the US, it this true.

My Client is in the top 10 of the Fortune 500 company list, will this help?

Thanks

Comment

It is okay for business travel. However, establishing a patterm may bring some additional scrutiny that the company is using B1 to make the people work. Many big IT companies have abused that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X