X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Kind Help Is Extemely Solicited

Respected & Worthy Fellows,

most respectfully,i am new to this esteemed forum,

my paper has been accepted for international academic conference to be held in late october,2008 at usa.

i am required to present it.

1, Is it possible that US immigration officer may have a favourable look at my case since my paper is accepted need to be presented (in order for publication in conference proceddings) & I must be given VISA.

2, I am working as Assistant Professor(for over two years now & salary Rs 50,000 p.m.) at Private University,Do, Still I need to fill that research info questionaire or is it not compulsary for me.

3,I am visiting on my own expenses & my university is not sponsoring me(although allowing me leave) for this visit,will that have a negative impact on my case,Is it mandatory to have a sponsorship from university for this kind of presentation.

4,Conference is on 22-24 October 2008,What is the recommended date for filing visa application.

5, I have been International Student in Canada for three years & was issued one year multiple US visa for Canadian Visa Stamping at Buffallo in 2005, How it may impact my case-> negative or positive.[I visited US for one day & came back to Canada].

6. Kindly let me know approx how much liquid funds I must have & how old,I have tax returns for last two years.

KINDLY HELP HOW YOU SEE MY CHANCES OF US VISA & WHAT MAY BE WEAK LINKES IN MY CASE.

YOUR KIND HELP IS EXTEMELY SOLICITED.

REGARDS

1. Everyone has to prove ties to the home country for a B1/B2 visa. No exceptions made.
    2. What do you mean by research questionaire? They might ask you to fill DS 158 in addition to 156 and 157 in some consulates. It depends on your area of research and if it falls in TAL, it will result in delays.
    3. As long as you have the money to sponsor yourself and a reason to convince about the same to the VO, you will be fine. Think career advancement.
    4. You can prepare now and attend for the visa.
    5. It will have a positive impact.
    6. Ready cash should be sufficient for your trip and cost of living, insurance etc. Total assets have to be high. As you returned back to your home country after studies abroad, your ties to home country have been established. You just need to stress on those points.

I think you have a strong case for approval.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X