Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering USA with B1/B2 from OLD company

Hi,
    My BIL obtained a B1/B2 visa (multiple entry valid for 10 years) through his company around a year ago. However he never got to travel to US till now.

He is now thinking of starting a non IT venture on his own. For this, he plans to visit USA for a few months to get some training, meet potential equipment manufacturers, etc.

Can he visit USA with the same B1/B2 visa? If so, what type of documents are required? The options I can think of are -

01. He forming his new company and getting documents from this new company
    02. He coming as a tourist (if so, what documents will be required?)
    03. I inviting him to visit us (if so, what documents are required?)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

FYI - He plans to visit in July-2008, hence a decision will have to taken ASAP.

Thanks,
    Mani

USA Visitors Visa - Comprehensive information for a sponsor and visitor. Visitor visa sample documents and interview preparation tips available. Visitors visa case studies and reapplication advice for the refusal of a USA visitor visa. Ask visitor visa related questions in our discussions forum

If the visa has not annotation (B1 instead of H1), it can be used for visit or business. How he wants to visit is based on the nature of the visit. If he is coming for a training, then he needs to have the documents for that and can enter on a B1. If he is coming for tourism, it does not matter who sponsors the visit, the purpose is of primary importance.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X