Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b1/b2 in lieu of L or H1b

Hi Guys,

I want to know something about b1/b2 in lieu of L or H1b visa type. I also want to know which are the documents required for this visa category? Can I work on this visa type? If yes then my remuneration still will be in indian currency (INR) and I won't be earning anything in US$. My whole expense will be covered by my employer.

My next question is filling up the details of form 156 and 157. Well, I had travelled to Sydney (Aus) in 2004. I was there about a year (2004-2005) and during this stay I lost my passport. So the real question is while filling up these details in the form 156 and 157:

Place of Issuance:
    City :
    State/Province:

Issuing Country:

On my passport, the Place of issue is "Sydeny", so could you please tell me what will be correct answers for these fields in the form 156 and 157?

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Work visas and visitor visas are two very different things. You can not work in the USA under a B1/B2 visa.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply but what about my second question which I have asked about my passport?

Comment

Put in the information found in your current valid passport.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Here is some more info.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X