extension of i-91 stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extension of i-91 stay

my name is sp singh i am on b2 10 year multiple entry visa. i have 6 months stay till sep. i want to take my usmle step 3 in oct . and after that i want to do observership in hosp in florida( i have letter from hosp) my question is
    1. should i go for extension for 6 months? or its beter to go india and comeback?
    2. i heard that if they deny extension then our multiple entry visa will be nullified is that true? that is my main conceren because i need to visit usa again in dec 2008.
    3.what should be my base for application of extension ??(my exam and observership)
    thanks a ton in advance please reply sorry i mean I-94 not i-91
    Last edited by drsurinder2007; 08-01-2008, 12:58 AM.

1. Extension is risky.
    2. Yes, it voids your visa and future prospects due to overstay.
    3. Your Choice.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

how early can i visit us AGAIN

thanks a ton for reply that will be of big help to plan my stay in usa
      one more question please i have 10 year multiple entry visa i have 6 months stay in usa. i am leaving next month (sep) can i visit again in nov as ihave letter that i will do observership in a hospital? will the immigration people at usa can deny to give me entery?what document i need to show them at port of entery?
      thanks a ton in advance

Comment

Depends on your luck. Frequent visits are frowned upon. But that is better than overstaying. The CBP officer may issue you a shorter I-94 on next visit.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X