Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal during B1 Stay

Hello,

My Mom is travelling to USA tomorrow and we just came to know that her passport expires in February 2009. She plans to stay till March 2009. She has Visa valid till 2010.

Can we renew her passport in US? If yes, could you please advise the procedure of applying for renewal?

We are in West Coast so let us know if we can contact the Indian embassy in SFO for the renewal?

Thanks

Yes, any Indian citizen can renew the PP while holding any legal status in US. The I-94 could be issued only till the DOE of passport instead of March, 2009 upon entry by the CBP.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Re:Passport Renewal during B1 Stay

Thanks for the response. So if her I-94 expires in Feb 2009, Is it possible for her to stay till March 2009 since her Visa is valid till March or we have to apply for Visa extension for her stay beyond Feb, 2009? Kindly advice.

Comment

It is never okay to stay past I-94 date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Passport Renewal during B1 Stay

Foreign nationals visiting the United States on a B-1 Business Visa or on a B-2 Tourist Visa are issued an I-94 form by a United States immigration officer upon entry into the country. The I-94 Form is a small white card which shows your arrival date and location of entry into the United States. It also shows the date by which you must depart the United States.=

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X