X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 and Family based sponsorship

Hi,

I have two questions.

1. I am a USC and would like to sponsor my brother and his family's GC. He is in IT industry and there is a possibility that he might be sent to the U.S on B1. Would applying for his GC hurt his chances of getting B1? I heard that somewhere in that application, they ask, if anyone has petitioned for your GC? Answering "Yes" to that implies rejection of B1?

2. Can the spouse and kids apply for dependent visas when someone has B1?

Would appreciate your answers.

thank you,
    Ravi

Originally posted by roadrunner
    Hi,

I have two questions.

1. I am a USC and would like to sponsor my brother and his family's GC. He is in IT industry and there is a possibility that he might be sent to the U.S on B1. Would applying for his GC hurt his chances of getting B1? YES

I heard that somewhere in that application, they ask, if anyone has petitioned for your GC? Answering "Yes" to that implies rejection of B1? He must tell the truth. The penalty for lying can include permanet ban from US.

2. Can the spouse and kids apply for dependent visas when someone has B1? There is no dependent visa to B1.

Would appreciate your answers.

thank you,
    Ravi

See above.

Comment

No one is talking about lying. Just wondering if it is worth applying for.

Thanks for the replies though.

Comment

It certainly will not hurt to try for a B1 visa as he will have documents from his company supporting his trip and the waits for family GCs are quite long.

There will be no harm done if it is denied.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X