Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying B1 visa after H1 query

Hi,

Iam working in big MNC. One US based consultancy sponsored me for H1 visa. Two days back I attended interview, but it was queried because they need some more documents from consultancy(I got 221g blue form). But in our current project due to business requirement our company is asking me to apply B1. Shall I apply for B1 irrespective of my H1 hold(query). Is there any problem for my H1. I need this details immediately. Anybody please help me in this regard.

They have totally different requirements. For B1, you must demonstrate your ties to your home country and that you will return there.

Comment

Thanks C4us. So shall I go ahead and apply B1 with my company. Is there any problem in this? Could you please explain me in brief.

Comment

Certainly you should apply for B1. See the Visitor visa forum for documentation needed as the requirements for B1 and B2 are the same.

Comment

Thanks c4us. While applying for B1 visa, in column 30th, 31st, (Have you ever been issued/refused a U.S. visa) what I have to tick? Shall I go for yes or no. Because my case was not refused and not issued. It was just queried or hold under 221g blue form. Could you please help me in this regard.

Comment

Thanks c4us. While applying for B1 visa, I have query in filling DS156 form, in column 30th, 31st, (Have you ever been issued/refused a U.S. visa) what I have to tick? Shall I go for yes or no. Because my case was not refused and not issued. It was just queried or hold under 221g blue form. Could you please help me in this regard.

Comment

221(g) is a refusal, pending additional processing and approval or denial.

Comment

Thanks for ur reply. You mean to say I have to click yes in 31st column right. If I do like that is there any problem in my H1 visa processing?

Comment

Dont apply..!

Hello,

I am also on the same boat. I went for H1B interview on 27th dec 07 and got pending. Last week I attended B1 interview. In the interview, they came to know about H1B pending and asked the same. Since H1B is pending, they gave me 221(g) form and asked me to send details in mail.

My advice is that dont apply for B1 till ur H1B is pending..!

Comment

Thanks for your response manojamara.

But I have some doubts
                    1) Your H1 and B1 sponsored by same employer or different employers?
                    2) It means your B1 got rejected? Tell me what happened exactly in B1 interview?
                    3) If suppose B1 got rejected in my case, is there any problem to my H1?

plz reply with ur answers
                    Last edited by ravindharbalugu; 11-19-2008, 10:14 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X