Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa - Illegal Documents

Hi,

A friend of mine is doctor running a hospital. His wife is also a Doctor but she was not in a good mental condition (kind of depression). With some misguidance, she has taken B1 VISA with illegal documents and she took off with 2 kids (Visitor VISA)

1. we have already filed a complaint with VFS about the illegal documents with proof. But, we dont see any activity from them. What should be the normal reaction from VFS?
    2. Is there any way that we could track whether they are in US with the passport number? (we could provide proper relationship docs and the medical certificate that she was out of her own mind)
    3. can we track the same if she is in UK? Im a software engineer and I tracked her emails and found that she was in US. after she knew about our tracking, her last email says that she is in UK. This might have been spoofed. But still wanted to know whether it can be tracked, if so, is there any proper channel

TIA.
    Last edited by msbugg; 12-25-2008, 09:12 PM.

Depression is not an unsafe mental condition. It seems like she went on her own will and someone is trying to track the person. Contact the authorities or file a missing person complaint if you truly believe that she is unsafe to be free for the society in the US or UK.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

VFS has nothing ...

... to do in this case. You're treating this case as a possible criminal one with intent to kidnap children and skip the country.

In such a case you need to contact your local law enforcement authorities who will get in touch with their United States counterparts.

Obviously, there's more to this case that what you've mentioned.

Do understand that false complaints can land you in trouble with the law.

Take care.

Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Im not a doctor and I dont know what exactly is that she has, which may or may not be harmful for the society. Im just helping them with information. I was just asking about the legal ways and there is no reason for you to suspect that we are trying to track a person who is of no concern to us.

we already have a complaint with local authorities and we have involved a personal friend of mine who is an Asst. Commissioner in dept. of Cybercrime (Obviously there is no cybercrime here, its just to track them). But, the information what local authorities have here is very minimum in regards to track the person who took off from India. So, now we are reaching out to the attorneys in US / UK to get more information of the formal process. I thought I would get more information here.

Knowledgeable: FYI! VFS are concerned as there is a cheating that took place in acquiring VISA. we confirmed it over phone and we filed a formal complain via email with photocopies of all necessary Documents.

Thanks,
        Krishna

Comment

You do have ...

... the option of directly approaching United States authorities. FBI is the one that takes up such cases and then it percolates down to the local law enforcement agencies as the situation may be.

Just getting a visa using fraudulent documents is not sufficient for you to file a case against any person. If you do have such information, the only option you have is to notify USCIS and it is up to BSF and Immigration to act upon the same.

Your recourse to FBI comes into the picture only when you have a criminal case or a potentially damaging scenario as a result of the alleged fraudulent documents.

Take care.
          Last edited by knowledgeable; 12-26-2008, 08:54 AM.

Comment

What was the fraudulent document submitted for the visa? VFS is just an appointment handling service.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for the info, Knowledgeable.

TxH1B:
              She was a professor in a govt. Medical college (gynecologist). Govt. employees have lots of formalities to get a B1 VISA. In this case, she submitted a invitation letter from Psychiatry conference and a employment letter from a private hospital. Both were forged.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X