Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b1 extension or re-entry -- pls help

Hello

I have b1 valid for next 10 years. I am in US now and I-94 expires on Feb 15th (3 months visa). Now I have some work coming up on March 15th for which I need to be in US. In the past, I was on F1 for 2 years and on H1 for 6 years.

Now my question is:

Is it better to file for B1 extension for additional 1 month or is it better to leave the country and re-enter during march 1st week. Can I re-enter the country in 2-3 weeks after my current I-94 expiration? is there any "recommended" gap between the B1 visits?

I have heard from some of my friends that filing an extension could be risky and if rejected could result in issues in future and even if extension is granted, I may be questioned at the port of entry on my next visit.

Is this true? I would appreciate if some one could advise me on this.

Thanks

What exactly is this "work"?

You are not authorized to work in the USA. And neither an extension nor re-entry will help you.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X