Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa after H1 Visa

Hi,

I was working in the US on H1B visa and returned to India in Sep 2007. Now, I am required to travel to the US for business. My employer wants me to apply for B1 visa and the customer company in US has sent an invitation letter for this. I will be attending the visa interview on 20th Jan.

Some of my questions are:
    a) My daughter was born in US and holds US passport. One of the questions on the application form for B1 visa is about any of the family members being in US or being US citizens. Should I mention that my daughter is a US citizen? The confusion here is because my daughter is not living in the United States. She is just two years old and living with me here in India.

b) My H1B for the next term is also approved. But, it was not stamped because I wanted to stay back in India because of my personal reasons. Will this create any issues for the B1 visa?

c) My I-94 was not taken back by the Airlines staff. But, I have returned before the expiry of the visa and I have preserved all the boarding pass for proving this fact.

Looking at this situation, are there any issues for getting the B1 visa? Are there any precautions to be taken? Please let me know your valuable suggestions.

FYI - I have travelled 3 times earlier to US on B1 visa before going there on H1 Visa.

cool_r2i.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, just sharing my point of view.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X