Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for B-1 Visa - alredy having valid h-1 visa any issues on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B-1 Visa - alredy having valid h-1 visa any issues on this?

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am Aravind working as a s/w engineer with 8 years of IT experience currently working as an Business analyst / consultant and I am already having a a valid H-1B visa through a company based out in the USA. But since the project for which I was supposed to travel got scarped I couldn’t travel at that time. My visa was stamped in Feb 2008 and was supposed to travel by March 08 itself and unfortunately it did not materialise and hence I continued my job in India.

In the mean while I had changed my job in India and my new roIe demands for a short travel to the USA for a few weeks in B-1 Visa .

Once the current project is over and if the market picks up I am looking forward to travel using my h-1 with the other company with in the validity period.

In such a case when I go for the B-1 visa stamping interview are there any chances that my existing H-1B is likely to get cancelled .

If cancelled is it that only the stamping is cancelled or is it that my approoved H-1 itself remains cancelled.

If cancelled does it completely get rejected ? Do i need to apply as a fresh
    H-1 candidate there after or is there a way that the stamping remains invalid for some time period till I re initiate the same old visa. I heard from some sources that the above mentioned process is possible . Please let me have your valuable comments on the same.

Kindly treat this as an urgent query and let me have your feedback.

Mentioning the questions as points once again.

1. When i go for a B-1 Visa will my current valid H-1 likely to get cancelled?

( both visa s are from different organisations)

2. In case of cancellation if any will it completely get rejected ? and is there any temporary cancelation mode ? and if so what are the necessary steps needed to re initiate the same.

Thanks in advance for an immdiate reply
    Aravind

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X