Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US domestic travel with expired i-94 (B-1 extension pending)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US domestic travel with expired i-94 (B-1 extension pending)

I have a B-1 visa for which I have applied an extension through form I-539. I haven't received approval (nor denial) yet and my i-94 expired last week.

I have 2 quick questions:

1) I am right now doing business in Florida but need to travel to attend a trade show in NYC. I guess they will control my passport when i travel, right? If so, they will also notice my i-94 is expired i guess. Am i taking any risk of being deported?

2) On this page: https://www.immihelp.com/visitors-visa-extension/ it's said that those who apply for B-1/B2 extension remain in legal status for up to 240 days. Is it 240 days starting the day the i-94 expires or starting the day of entry in USA? In other words, is it 240 extra days (making potentially the total stay in USA of 180+240=420 days), or is it 60 days additional to the 180 days granted by the B1 visa? Please clarify.

Many thanks in advance for your prompt answer! I need to leave this week-end for this trade show in NYC. I don't want to take any chance to get into trouble. If necessary, I'll take the train instead of airplane...

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X