Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period of stay under B1 visa

Hi,

I have B1 visa issued on Feb 2009 with expiration on Feb 2010 with M entry. I attended the interview for taking USMLE Step-2 CS exam. I once visited the US in Oct 2008 for taking the same exam for 10 days, but I failed in that and so retaking it.

I am visiting for the first time under the current visa on 1st week of July and taking the exam in 2nd week of July. I need to do Observership (Its not of any kind of job, but to have clinical exposure to US hospitals) and attend the interviews for higher studies in Medicine in US Hospitals and so I need to stay till Dec/Jan 2010.

My question is Can I tell to the immigration officer at the time of entry that I have to do Observership and attend interviews in addition to taking the exams and request for 6 months of stay or just say only about the exam. I fear that they would issue shorter stay if only tell about the exams.

I didn’t have the invitation to do Observership and interviews at present and able to secure only after taking the exam.

Suggestions are needed regarding this.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X