Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for B1 while I have H1B

Hi,

I have already H1B stamped last year from mumbai Consulate from one company and I did not travel on that Visa.

Now I joined another company and theya re filing my B1 visa to the same Mumbai consulate.I am scared that will they allow me to travel with B1 while i haeb H1B.If they allow me they will not cancel my H1B na?or can I request the consulate not to cancel my H1B,can any suggest what I can do and how I can avoid the conflicted situation?

You are allowed to have the combination of visas. But the VO could ask why you did not travel on H1b and may choose to calcel the visa. The H1b petition as such remains valid even if this happens.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

The project suddenly got stopped and because of that they delayed my travel and now I left the company.But how can i ensure that they will not cancel? If they cancel aslo can i re-apply ?as you said the petition will not be cancelled

Comment

You can reapply if canceled.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X