Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 B2 Visa Usage

HI,

I already have B1/B2 VISA stamped on my passport. I applied for this VISA on the purpose that I will be visiting my brother in US on Holiday and Tourisam.

I never travelled to US till date.

Now my employer wants me to go to US on Business Visit of 20 days. This trip will be completely sponsored by my employer. They will also provide me the necessary Invitation Letter and supporting document stating clearly the purpose of Visit/sponsership and all necessary details etc.

Can I use the same VISA to travel to US even though now the purpose of travel is Business Visit.

If yes, do I need to carry any specific documents apart from the mentioned above since my purpose has changed.

Request you to please advice on this.

Vinit

There are NO annotation on the VISA

Comment

Using B1 visa for personal travel

I got B1 visa in 2006. My employer applied it for me for a business purpose. I travelled to USA once on this visa. After this i got L1 visa and I travelled twice on this L1 visa.
      Now I have a personal need to visit USA. Can I travel on the B1 visa for a month for my personal need without informing my employer? Is this allowed? Will there be any problem from my employer or the US immigration department?
      Or do i need to apply for a fresh B2 visa?

Please advice.

Comment

As long as it is B1/B2 and it has no special annotation, you can travel. No problem.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X